Epilogue

I bet you have questions, so (; not gonna talk. Just enjoy and don't forget to leave me some love ❤️

It has been two weeks, fourteen entire days and then some since that night at Erwin's. Adorna still didn't have all the answers, the answers to what happened that night and why she didn't remember anything but having a sword to Erwin's throat. Was he alive? Did she actually stick a sword through his throat?

Adorna stared out the window of her bedroom at the castle, a pillow at the back of the chair so she could lean into it. Her back pulsed with every step, and she was sad to say she didn't have any of Mildred's herbs to fix it.

A sudden stab of pain hit her heart, making her bit her lip softly. Yvonne, was she alright? Had a rebel taken her, and was now caring for her? Mildred could, of course, but Yvonne would be restless. Yvonne was not a good person to be restless.

"I'll find you," Adorna promised softly, her gaze shifting from the bright early morning orange hues of the sky to her dark bedroom. She tenderly shifted her shoulder, grimacing at the pain. Struck by an arrow that night, Adorna was left with a deep wound. She had no idea where the arrow came from, but the wound hurt. It was a possible reason she couldn't remember anything.

Adorna stood slowly, a brace at her back and holding it straight at the best posture, ninety degrees.

She shuffled across her room to her desk, where a gold bell was. Picking it up, she examined the gold bell. Memories of throwing Maven in the hall nude made a soft smile come to her delicate features. She gently rang it, watching as a maid was at the doorway in a flash.

"Yes, my princess? You rang for my assistance?" She asked softly, doing a quick bow.

"Yes, I would like to visit my brother today. I want answers," she said firmly, before beginning again, "Would you help me dress? I can't work this damn thing-"

Soon enough, Adorna was ready with a few plucks and tweezes. The brace was under her dress, completely unnoticeable.

Walking through the hall to her brothers throne room, she passed a few stray nobles and guards.

"Welcome back, Princess." They would mumble.

"Oh you poor thing, stuck with that rebel! Bless you, I'm so happy you're alive." They would lie between clenched teeth. They didn't care she was safe, no one really did.

Each one earned a simple, 'thank you' and smile from the Princess. She was warned by Tate to pretend like she had been in dismay with Erwin, when it was the total opposite. She felt unsafe here, in the place she grew up.

Arriving at the grand room, she pushed open its doors and made her way inside. Inside, her brother was with a beautiful dark skinned woman, who was speaking urgently to him. She was a maid, and it was obvious she wasn't speaking like a maid should to Tate. He didn't seem to mind, a dark look on his face. Though, Tate was always having that face now since Adorna arrived back home.

The woman went silent as Adorna made her way closer. She excused herself and disappeared at one of the maid entrances.

"Sister, so nice to see you awake." Tate smiled, lazily sliding his hands in his trousers and walking down the steps that lifted his throne.