Θ We Get a Piece of Bad News Θ

(Second attempt at this chapter begins now!)

ANNABETH

"Annabeth, could you fetch Percy and meet me at the Big House?"

It's after breakfast, and Chiron has caught up to me amidst the campers heading to their morning activity.

"Sure." I scan the crowd as Chiron gallops away and spot Percy chatting with the Stoll brothers. I grab his arm and tug him away, partly because of Chiron's request, but mostly for Percy's well-being.

"What?" Percy asks exasperatedly.

"Chiron wants to see us."

He sighs. "I'm still finding it hard to take him seriously, being half horse and everything, but..." He looks at me, and I laugh.

"Come on, Seaweed Brain." And we take off for the Big House.

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

"Is this a good, you-guys-are-being-properly-rewarded-for-saving-the-world-countless-times kind of meeting? Or is it a you-guys-have-to-go-on-an-impossibly-hard-quest kind of meeting?" I ask, settling myself into one of Chiron's lawn chairs.

"I am afraid that it is the latter," Chiron replies, the corner of his mouth inching up.

"I shouldn't have asked."

"But seriously," Percy cocks his head, "what's going on?"

Chiron sighs. "That is a bit more complicated. Perseus, I'm assuming you'd like your memory back?"

Percy looks a bit startled that Chiron knows his full name, but nonetheless he replies uncertainly, "Yeah?"

"And I'm assuming that you'd like to know how?"

Percy raises an eyebrow. "I'm not sure."

I snort, and Chiron eyes him warily. "Well, I'm going to tell you anyway.

"Annabeth, do you remember how behind the Doors of Death there was an elevator?"

"Yes."

"There is a layer below Tartarus that the elevator reaches. It is called Amiserit."

"Ami-what?" Percy arches an eyebrow.

"It is where all forgotten memories go. Everything from names to math equations to entire lives are stored there." Chiron shifts in his wheelchair. "Since Percy has been wiped of his entire life until now, his memories will be harder to retrieve, so you will have to physically go down to Amiserit to get your memory back."

"So how do we get to Amiserit?" I ask.

Chiron winces. "That is the hard part. Since the Doors are impossible to track unless you are Death yourself, they are unavailable; that would be the easiest option. The only other way to reach the Doors is through..." Chiron looks at me like I should know the answer, and I frantically put all the pieces together in my head.

Click. I gasp.

"What?" Percy asks, bewildered.

"W-we're g-going back t-to-" I choke. I swallow a big gulp of air and force the words out.

"We're going back to Tartarus."

++

Eep! Don't kill me!

Amiserit does not actually exist, so if you're racking your brain, I made it up.

So yeah, you haven't commented enough, but this chapter was already deleted once, so I wasn't gonna take any chances... 😋

This time, though, you HAVE to get ten comments (mine don't count) and at least twelve votes. You guys gotta get on more! @MagicDolphin.... -_- *cough* what?

Disclaimer time!

Annabeth: *twitch twitch*

Percy: You have got to be kidding.

Me: I'm not kidding!

Annabeth: *lunges at me, grabs my shoulders*: WHAT THE HADES IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

Me: Where should I start, mental or emotional?

Annabeth: -_- ...

Percy: I'm glad Uncle Rick owns us. *doesn't notice the catfight behind him*

Happy reading,

Katia