Θ I Interrupt an Archery Lesson Θ

ANNABETH

Turning the knob on the kitchen sink, I toss a drachma into the water gushing out of the faucet. "O, Iris, accept my offering. Show me Chiron at Camp Half-Βlood."

Almost immediately a spray of mist comes out of the water, and Camp Half-Blood's codirector appears in the mist. He's in his centaur form, and it seems that he's in the middle of archery class.

"Chiron!" I scream, ignoring all the startled reactions from the other campers.

Chiron turns around, then smiles when he sees me. "Ah, Annabeth, how are-"

"Don't you give me that trash!" I yell at him. "How could you?!"

Chiron looks puzzled, but something in his eyes tells me that he knows exactly what I'm talking about. "How could I what?"

"Why didn't you tell me about Percy?!"

"Oh." Chiron turns to the other campers. "You are all dismissed."

After the last archer has left - and none too happily, mind you - Chiron turns back to me, an enraged expression on his face, and I can't help stepping back a little; I've never seen him so mad.

"Annabeth Chase, I ordered you not to communicate with Percy!"

"Why?! He's my boyfriend! We survived freaking Tartarus together!"

Chiron sighs. "It's for his own good."

"What's for his own good? If he can't come to camp he's gonna DIE! I mean-"

Chiron holds up his hand to silence me, but I ignore him.

"Thalia, Luke and I barely survived in the mortal world! Sure we were young, but Luke was fourteen, and-"

"Hush, child." Chiron says this so dangerously calmly that I shut up.

"The less he knows, the smaller the aura he has, and the less the monsters smell him."

"Yeah, whatever, but-"

"What the heck?"

I whirl around and see Percy, the sea-green eyes that I love so much sparkling with curiosity.

"Is that guy a horse?" he asks incredulously.

Chiron clears his throat behind me. "Annabeth, we'll talk later."

"What?! No, we need to-"

Without another word, Chiron disappears.

++

So how do you like it? Like I said, still just an idea I'm testing out. Don't forget to give feedback!

Happy reading,

Katia