Starting Fresh

Chapter One:

Aiden's P.O.V.

As I slowly unpack my bags into Dylan's bedroom, I notice a note my mum left me before she passed away.  My eyes start to water, start to sting. I wasn't supposed to open it until I was eighteen, but it's been a year since...  and I needed some closure. I feel hatred boil inside of me as a picture of my dad comes to mind.  My only memory of him is when he is drunk where his hands over my mum's cowering body.  I can feel my ears burning and hear the muffled yelling and light, helpless whimpers of that night.  A single tear falls down my cheek.  I hear a knock on the door and I quickly swipe it away.

"You alright mate?" Dylan says with sorrow in his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine it's just... my mum." I say somewhat relieved that I can speak to someone.

"Hey I know.  I do have some good new though, I wanted to tell you I enrolled both of us at North High." Dylan says with a smug look on his face.

"I know what that look means.  'I wonder if there'll be any cute girls in our year?'" I say smirking trying to hold in my laughter.  There was a slight pause before he answered shyly.

"B...By the way we start tomorrow." He says and walks over next to me.

"Thanks for telling me, but I would've preferred to watch Netflix and go for a walk to the fridge." I say with a sad look in my eyes.

Then suddenly, I feel a strong grip around my waist and my face being squished into his pillow.

"That's it I'm going to get you!" I shout, into the pillow, while he runs away down the hallway.  As I chase him through the house he slams the lounge door in my face and I run into it face first.  Needless to say, it hurt. I ended up lazily walking back to Dylan's room to finished unpacking my bag.  I will get him back later.

*First day of school*

As I wake up I realise that Dylan isn't awake yet.  So naturally I decided that I'll make it so that there are two people awake.  I thought smiling to myself probably looking stupid as heck.  When I saw my best friend sleeping so peacefully, I just couldn't resist the temptation.

I ran up to his bed and jumped on top of him. He groaned in pains and I just abrupt in laughter, "I told you I'd get you back."

Dylan slowly rolls out of bed and his stomach growls. Which makes me laugh even more, which was starting to hurt, "You're not gonna eat me are you?" I say pretending to be scared.  I tripped over his stupid clothes on the floor, I felt like an idiot and said "Dude why have you got your clothes everywhere?"

"Not my fault my parents didn't care about how tidy my room was."

As I get up I ask...  "Do you even know how to cook cause I don't..."

"I know how to cook anything, just ask." Dylan said looking like the biggest cock in the world.

Challenging him I say, "Okay then, I order a double bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and ranch sauce burger, cheers."

"So basically a bacon buster burger from Burger Fuel and I'm guessing you want a side of wedges and L&P as well." He read me like a book, my mouth was already drooling at the thought.  "I'll just go get changed then we can go."

I put on a shirt , jacket, some vans and a beanie to fit over my messy dark brown hair. I nearly forgot that we had school, so I quickly grab some of Dylan's spare books, a few pens, some refill and stuff it into my bag.