07

Adelaide

I was sitting in a very cozy looking room on a very comfortable sofa. The lights were dimmed in the room and it had posters of many bands, musicals and such things I assumed. Leaning into sofa, I texted Daphne that I already was at the theater.  Putting back my phone into my pockets then stared a head crossing my legs. My thoughts went back to my family back in France, I have talked to them early this morning. I talked to my mother and my younger brother about mostly about the move the people and the work here. It was quiet a talk I found out that my brother had started working at farm half an hour away from our home and that my grandfather was going to stay with them for a few weeks. I was very happy getting a few minutes alone with my brother, we two were very close with each other and there were no secrets between the two of us. So naturally I told him about Anthony and then about Daphne and Daveed. I asked about who he was hanging out with and if something interesting happened. Nothing much happened in absence. The only thing that made me worry and ask a few questions about was that my mother has stopped one of her medications. Even though my mother wasn't that old she was suffering from Alzheimer but it wasn't that strong so medication were a solution. But if she wouldn't take them then some of her memories would fade away. Not wanting to think about what would happen if they did, I started thinking about what to wear to the job interview but I was cut off when the door opened with two people coming in laughing. For a moment I hoped it was Daveed I didn't want to be seen as someone who just snuck into the theater like an obsessed fan.

"Anthony!" I smiled when I noticed the freckled man. Anthony turned to me with a surprised look on his face. Someone was next to him, a girl with brunette curls pulled up. She was wearing a yellow dress that was certainly out of time. One thing I also noticed that they were holding hands well before I made my presence clear, Anthony had pulled his hands away.

"Adelaide!" He exclaimed grinning. "What, what are you doing here?"

"Daveed invited me." I stated and stood up. I looked at the other woman who looked rather uncomfortable. "Hey, I'm Adelaide, I'm a friend of Anthony, Daveed and Daphne." I stretched my hand to her for her to shake it. The uncomfortable look was replaced with a sweet smile.

"I'm Jasmine, I work here." She spoke up.

And I don't. 

I gave her a smile then looked at Anthony. "Daveed told me to wait here for him."

"Oh yeah." Anthony nodded repeatedly. Pursing his lips he walked to sofa and sat on it crossing his legs. Then I noticed that his hair was in a pony and he was wearing a custom.

"Are these the customs?" I asked interested some how they looked familiar well the uniform at least. Anthony and Jasmine nodded. "Cool." I exclaimed. "What are you two playing? The characters I mean."

Jasmine had sat down next to Anthony. "Well I play John Laurens slash Philip Hamilton." He said. "A soldier and son of a founding father, who gets shot." He explained when he saw my confused expression.

"Who?" I asked my brows frowned.

"Who what?" Jasmine and Anthony said with their brows frowned with confusion.

"Who got shot? The founding father or the son?"

"Er...both." This time Jasmine answer and Anthony snickered. I stared then nodded my head.

"And you?" My eyes wandered to Jasmine.

"I play Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds."  She said moving her hair off of her shoulder.

I paused.

"The only name that sounded familiar was Hamilton. Is this fiction or non?" I asked, it was probably non-fiction or just historical fiction.