26

Adelaide

Now Mr. Osborn was sitting on the couch and I had we tissue wrapped around his hand. He had calmed down but his eyes still gave away that he had cried. They were blood shot red and it felt like they looked confused and angry at the same time. There were a few broken glass shells on the floor from the table but I had turned the table around revealing the broken front and some dark spilled coffee. I had taken a seat next to him quietly. I could tell that he was tired from the way his eyes wanted to close every second but he didn't let them. I was worried because he was angry and exhausted.

"Mr. Osborn, maybe I should cancel the meetings and you could go home?"

He turned his head towards me with narrowed eyes. "What? You trying to get rid off me?"

"What? No, sir. You look really tired, sir. I think its best if you took a day off." I spoke genuinely, I was really worried.

"You know you are not getting anything in return with you acting like this." I looked at him confused but nodded my head.

"Well, sir, I am suggesting you to take a day of for your own sake, not for my own." I muttered. He didn't say anything he just stared at me for a long while. Honestly it made me a bit uncomfortable but I got through it.

"Why?" He breathes out. I tilted my head.

"Why what?"

"Why are you so nice to me?" He choked out. "If you know that you aren't getting paid for that." His blue eyes burned into mine. He was confused and irritated.

"...I don't know. I'm worried." I confessed. "You're too young to be running this whole thing, even though I know a lot of people will say other wise but when I look at you, really look at you, it feels like a burden to be running this whole cooperation and I know you don't want anyone else running it because its family business but you have to take care of your health. You're dad obviously didn't, and I don't that to happen to you. I know this firm is important but so are you...sir." I felt frustrated at first but now my cheeks flushed pink when Mr. Osborn stared at me like before when I asked him if he felt better. "Please don't cry." I said, he looked like he would.

He shook his head. Then he stood up. He walked over to his computer without stepping on glass or coffee. I quickly walked over to him less graceful then him and accidentally stepped on a piece glass.

"I should probably call someone to clean this mess up." I muttered more to myself.

"And you should probably cancel all my meeting for today." Mr. Osborn commented. I looked up shocked but then hid my smile nodding my head.

"Of course, sir." I happily walked out of the room and worked out the cancelation for the meeting. When I was done Mr. Osborn walked out his office with a black jacket on and his large sunglasses on his nose hiding his red eyes. "You are now free for today, sir."

"Great." He said dryly. "Where do you live?"

My eyes slightly widen. "Pardon?"

"Stand up." He commanded and I did. "Grab your things and follow me." 

"But sir..." He didn't even acknowledge me, he just walked out. Sighing I grabbed my things and quickly followed him. He was standing in font of the elevator obviously waiting for me as the doors were wide open. I looked confused but I stepped in when he did. "Sir, I don't understan-"