17

Adelaide

First day at work. Wasn't the worst day, it could have gone worse. Though there was a lot of work, it seemed like it wasn't my first day instead a regular work day. It started with getting him coffee, burning hot black coffee no sugar no milk. Then I been introduced to the computer system in the company, and it was out of time! Or I live under a rock. I could barely go through the soft files or the computer itself so my boss, Mr. Osborn, made organize the hard copy files alphabetically. Then the research papers from his father, then I to go and fetch some other files and documents. Reorganizing the book shelf, the company's management papers and the partnership documents. Everything alphabetically. It wasn't the worst thing in the world they just had a lot of paper work. Break soon came but with all the work Mr. Osborn had I had to go and get him lunch.

So now here I am with a bag of burgers making my way to the elevator. I rubbed my arm when I stepped in and pressed the floor number. But before the doors closed I heard someone call to hold it. Quickly I pressed the button to hold the doors open. A younger man stepped in quickly.

"Thanks, barely anyone holds these doors open here." He said rubbing his head with a small smile on his lips.

"Its no problem." I muttered with a nod. He had a pretty young face and a school bag over his shoulders. "Do you work here?" I asked looking at him. He shook his head quickly.

"Uh, no. I just have to pick some stuff up." He awkwardly answered shifting. Then he looked at me, his eyes drifted to my hands were I was holding the bags of the famous burger food chain. A smile formed on his lips. "Do you work for Mr. Osborn?" Surprised by the question I nodded but then I raised my eyebrow.

"Does he always eat burgers at lunch?" He let out a small laugh at my question and then nodded his head.

"Don't tell him that though. He will stop eating and he is picky with his food."

I let out an uneasy laugh. "What? Do you know him personally or something?" I asked my brows frowned, how could he talk about Mr. Osborn like that? He stared at me for a moment than his cheeks turned red. His mouth opened and closed.

"I just...uh." He stuttered and I watched him then the doors opened the fifth floor. Making him jump out. "Thats my floor!" Before I could ask anything else he was gone from my sight.

He was weird.

Sighing I waited for the elevator to reach the 20th floor. When I reached it I stepped out and made my way to Mr. Osborn's office. I knocked twice before stepping in. Mr. Osborn was as I left him his fingers sliding on the see through computer as he went through some files.

"Sir, I got your chicken burger with extra cheese and onions." I said loud and clearly as I made my over the table. Placing the bag on the table. The blonde eyed the bag with narrowed eyes as if he didn't trust it.

"And no ketchup?" He asked and I nodded my head firmly stepping away. He finally sat down on his chair and rolled over to the bag. He opened the bag up taking out the warm burger. "You can have your break now, 30 minutes only and not less or more." He stated waving me out as he unwrapped the burger. I nodded my head and walked out. I was hungry so I decided to go to the restaurant that directly across the street.

    I had taken a seat besides the window and I was already eating from the quick chicken salad. I yawned tiredly my eyes drifting to the streets and then back to the salad my fork stabbing into the green leaf. I fished out my phone when I felt it vibrate in my pocket. I unlocked my phone smiling when I saw that it was a text from Daveed.

DAVEE: hey loser who has a normal work hour

ha ha hey weirdo, just woke up?

DAVEE: no had to go early out for a meeting with the boss