19

Adelaide 

It was another day in the office at work. Mr. Osborn had already finished most of his work for today since it was Friday but he was staying longer to work out some unfinished projects. I was sitting in the small office that was given to me on Tuesday, it was perfect. I didn't have to be by Mr. Osborn's side for my whole work day and could put my stuff near me. Though it did look empty with only a computer on the table and a few folders on the shelf. But work was work so it didn't bother me too much. When I finished going through some files I went to check if their were any schedules for today. There weren't any, so that meant no extra hours. I rubbed my head tiredly and leaned back into my seat crossing my legs making myself comfortable. My thoughts drifted off to tomorrow, tomorrow was the dinner. I wasn't sure if I was actually excited or just wanting to get it over. The thought of going to dinner with the whole cast of Hamilton was over whelming, not only where there a lot of people but they all were all into other stuff than I was. It will be harder to open a conversation, I was sure that I was going to have a lot of trouble making conversations if they didn't open one. Why do I have to be a socially incapable? I was grateful that Daveed would be there, even if he would be going with Daphne and be with her the whole time. I haven't been talking to Daveed that much anymore, we barely saw each other this week. When we do is when he's with Daphne and I can't stand being in the same room with them for than more five minutes. I couldn't take it, it was hard enough having Daphne gush about Daveed when he wasn't there but it was harder when she was all over him. It seemed like whenever I was with them she was clinging to him as if she was trying to prove something to me, proving that they were together. That he was with her and not with me. Even though it hurt I didn't open my mouth about it. I would give Daveed small smiles and try to make the smallest conversations, even if I wanted them to be the longest ones and just listen to his voice.

I couldn't, I didn't want to expect something to happen him and I. And I wanted my feelings to cool down, realizing that he was taken and happy. The person he was happy with wasn't me, I had to accept this fact and so did my emotions. I let my hand slide across the table and try to distract myself from the thoughts going back computer work. But all I could of was him.

Daveed.

Daveed.

Daveed.

Daveed.

I gasped when the door flew open. I pushed my chair back and saw the boy. The same boy I would everyday, on different occasions around the building. One time I saw him come out of Mr. Osborn's office and when we made eye contact he flushed red. I didn't open my mouth, I wasn't sure what he was doing here or if he actually did work here. Every time I saw him he had this school bag over his shoulder and nerdy shirts on, that sometimes make me giggle. This time he looked angry. He didn't have a sheepishly smile on his lips, or flushed cheeks or a nervous look. No it was anger. He was about to storm into Mr. Osborn's office I stopped him quickly.

"Sir, Mr. Osborn said not to let anyone in, he's ver-"

"Fuck what Mr. Osborn says." He snarled and then burst into the office of Mr. Osborn. I quickly followed him wide eyed and paled when Mr. Osborn looked up at us.

"Mr. Osborn I'm so sorry I-"

"You don't have to be sorry." The boy beside me was glaring at Mr. Osborn, who looked between the two but then his eyes were glued to the younger brunette.

"Miss Stuart, why don't you leave and get me some documents from Lab 111." Mr. Osborn stated his eyes never leaving the boy beside me. I gulped noticing the growing tension between the two men. I nodded my head and started turning around to get out of the room.