31

Adelaide

Daveed and I turned our heads to the new voice that cut of the moment that we were having. Quickly Daveed  pulled away from me and took two big steps away from me. He had a surprised expression mixed with embarrassment on his face. The voice that interrupted us belonged to a man that I hadn't met before but somehow looked familiar. Behind him were an older woman and man. All the three had a surprised look on their faces. Even though I had never met all of the three something about them seemed so familiar.

And then it hit me.

"You still put your key under the pot?" The younger one then asks Daveed with a slight amusement. I looked at Daveed feeling the embarrassment that he was feeling.

"U-uh yeah." Daveed stuttered out then smiling warmly. "Hey, mom dad." I stepped a few steps back as Daveed embraced his parents in a hug. Then he hugged they younger one, who was his brother.  I watched quietly as the family had their moment. Even if the embarrassing atmosphere has slightly faded I still wanted to be swallowed by the ground.

Who wouldn't after getting caught in an intimate position by family members?

This was not a good first impression.

Rubbing my arm I looked down seeing that I was still wearing my work clothes. If Daveed and I wouldn't have been dancing round with music I wouldn't have forgotten this nor that his family was coming over.

I pursed my lips.

"So who is this lovely lady?"

"Daveed you didn't tell me that you had a girlfriend."

Daveed and I made eye contact. Both of our cheeks turned red. Then Daveed shook his head smiling down at the ground.

"Mom. We aren't dating." He stated looking back at his mother, who raised her eyebrow and giving her son a suspicious look.

"I'm Adelaide, I moved in with Daveed its temporary. Its nice to meet you all." I smiled at them and got their introduction after I greeted them. I could feel Daveed staring at me.

"Temporary? I hope its more than that its been a long time since my son brought home a girl, and not to mention such a pretty face." I blushed slightly at the comment of Daveed's mother as I shook her hand. I thanked her for the compliment and she gave a me a sweet smile.

Now I know where Daveed got his smile from.

Daveed groaned rubbing his face. His father laughed and patted Daveed on the back.  "I cannot agree more with your mother, Daveed." I chuckled light heartedly at Daveed's expression, when he looked at me he gave me a awkward smile.

"Are you guys hungry? We made some macaroni." Daveed then said trying to change the subject. I held my grin back as Daveed's eyes were practically begging them to say yes.

"Yeah I'm starving." His brother said nodding. Daveed sighed in relief and then stepped away so they could enter the kitchen. "I hope you guys didn't burn anything while dancing like that." His brother commented in smooth way and I had to hold my laughter when Daveed pushed his brother's shoulder telling him to shut up. While they were gathering I set up the table and got the still hot macaroni and Daveed got the drinks from the freezer. Then we both sat down and started dinner.

"So Adelaide, do you work with Daveed? In the musical Hamilton?" Daveed's father asked after the previous conversation died down.

I shook my head lightly. "No, I work at company here in New York, as an assistant. I could never preform on stage like Daveed and his co-stars do." I smiled politely.