The Guy With The Boyfriend

I had texted Alex to get me hair extensions and he had replied within five minutes saying that he'd be there in three hours. He sure doesn't wait around. On walking back to the dorm with Heather she seems in bright spirits. She looks up at me in a curious way.

"I can't wait to see you," she tells me, a bounce in her step. 

"I'm seeing you right now," I reply, my eyebrows bunched together. 

"Noooo. I mean like seeing you you. Not your sister you. Cooper you." 

"You've kinda already seen me in all my glory," I say awkwardly. Heather breaks out into a blush. 

"Not like that. I mean like... will you please show me Cooper you? Like in your usual up do and all. You can even pretend to be Callies brother coming to apologize!" she seems extremely pleased and excited with her idea. I sigh and give a nod. She squeals and wraps her arms around me in a bone crushing hug. 

"You're an evil genius," I say with a laugh.

"So I've been told," she pauses, "shouldn't be a problem seeing as Snow has probably noticed your disasterous hair. Don't you know that dark hair seeps through blonde hair dye?" she looks at me as if I'm incredibly stupid. 

"Well the hardresser certainly didn't tell me," I grumble. 

"Well before your poor friend arrives we're going to have to buckle down and do some course work."

I groan, "Please no coursework. Can't I just ship the work to Callie?" 

Heather swats my arm, "And here I thought you were a helpful brother! You can't send work to your healing sister."

"I am a good brother. I'm in a bra!" I say exasperated.

"It's not that bad," Heather giggles.

"Want to bet?"

Around three hours later my phone buzzes, a text from Alex telling me he was outside. I tug Heather downstairs with me. Sure enough Alex is standing there with an amused expression on his face as he holds up a plastic bag to me. I note that no one is around before dropping back to my own voice.

"You're a life saver, dude."

"Oh so I've been told," he brushes off the praise and smiles at Heather hiding behind me.

"So I'm guessing this is the cute one?" Alex says. 

"So I'm guessing this is the poor friend?" Heather retorts with a giggle. 

"You staying for a bit, Alex?" I ask him, parting any cutie things going on between them. 

"He should!" Heather says a little too eagerly, "I mean it would be good set up. You guys coming here to apologize to Callie..."

"Smart she is," Alex comments and I roll my eyes. 

"You coming in or will I freeze my tits off?" I ask, yanking him in. Heather yanks me towards the bathrooms and locks the door. Alex stands awkwardly off to the side as Heather works her magic. 

Two hours later and the blonde mess is gone. Heather shoes me out, telling me I should get dressed into Cooper so she can give us a tour around campus. 

"She's cute," Alex comments, flopping down on my bed. 

"You have to look out for the cute ones," I repeat what he said earlier. 

"Oh har har har," I duck behind a door and pull on my red skinny jeans and black t-shirt with a moustache on it. I finally blow dry my hair and brush it into its regular fashion. Alex smirks when I step back out.

"What?"

"You still look like a chick."

"Shut up," I grumble, throwing the bra at him. He chuckles and catches it. A fist pounds on the door and Alex and I freeze. 

"It's me!" Heathers voice comes from the other side, "Ready yet?" 

Alex locks the door and Heather falls in onto his chest.

"Oh I'm sorry..."

"It's okay," he grins down at her.

"Oh I'm sure it is," I mumble to myself. Then Heathers attention is on me. 

"You've gone for the gay look?" she asks, confused. Alex bursts out laughing. 

"I'm not gay!"

"Skinny jeans, really?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes skinny jeans. Lots of straight guys wear them," I say, annoyed. 

"I've never seen them. Sorry. You look cute," she pulls a thoughtful face, "You guys give me your best couple look."

"Our best what?!" Alex and I shout simultaneously. 

"You guys have to be a couple so," she claps her hands together, "Convince me."

I look at Alex and he looks back at me. We both pull faces as we shuffle closer together, just so our arms are touching each other.

"You both look scared. Hold hands."

We both groan and roughly grab each others hand with a grimace. This feels so weird. The only time I touch Alex is when I'm hurting him. 

The door swings open to reveal Mia, with a slightly startled expression. She sees our hands laced together. 

"So I'm guessing you're the cheater," she motions to Alex, "and you're the brother," she motions to me, locking eyes with me. My heart skips a beat as she studies me. This was a bad idea. Mia is going to find out. 

"This should be fun when Snow gets her hands on the two of you," she says amused.

Oh God. She's right. 

*

Do let me know what you think ^.-.^ Thank you for reading (: