Demons

It's been nearly two week since me and Josh kissed and he hasn't spoke a word to me. It's not like I expect him to fall madly in love with me and ask me out right away, but I could at least get a 'hi' when he walks into MY house. 

I mean, I'm not even sure how I feel about him. Do I like him, do I just wanna be friends. I have too many secrets. I haven't let anyone in for a very long time, not even Derek, and we used to be best friends. I'm scared that once he sees how damaged and broke I am he isn't going to want me anymore. 

Josh's P.O.V.

I kissed her. I really kissed her. It's been two weeks and I'm still terrified to even speak to her. I have so much in my past. So much that I need to hide, that I need to protect her from. I can't be with her no matter how much I want her, so I've chosen to keep her at a distance.  Everything I touch gets burnt and I can't let her get hurt to. 

But I can't leave her without an answer. She needs to know where I stand.  I have to tell her that I can't be with her. I have to tell her that I need to protect her. 

Emily's P.O.V. 

Nearly three weeks now and he still won't even look in my direction. What the hell am I supposed to do!!! This boy is driving me insane! I have to confront him and find out what the hell his problem is!

I walk to the only class that I have with him. He does the same thing that he's been doing since the kiss. 

Only one thing changes. The bell rings for the period to end and he slips a piece of paper across the table toward me and bolts out of the classroom before I can confront him. 

I unfold the paper, on it were four words scrawled across the paper. 

Parking lot after practice

I fold the paper and slide it into my back pocket, thinking about nothing for the rest of the day besides finally finding out why he had been avoiding me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Practice, like everything else today, drags on. 

I get dressed as quickly as possible, suddenly dreading talking to him. For some reason I'm more nervous than I have ever been.

 I force my feet forward when I see him leaned against the driver's side door of my car. I wipe my hands on the back of my jeans and approach him. 

"What the hell Josh?!" Suddenly I'm angry again. Not nervous. "You kiss me and then you avoid me for three fucking weeks without an explanation!"

He doesn't answer. My hands turn to fists.

"It's not like I expected you to fall in love with me or some shit. In fact I didn't expect a damn thing to change! But avoiding me?!" 

I could see a couple of the girls from cheer staring at us across the parking lot, one of them being Amber. 

"I'm sorry." he manages after a while. 

"Sorry?" I say, "Sorry doesn't always cut it Josh." 

I shove him out of my way and open the door. I get into the car. 

"Lose my number Josh, I don't wanna hear from you again." 

I start the car and drive to the end of the street before I finally let the tears fall. I don't know why I'm being this way. Maybe I did like him after all. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so I know I said this chapter would be longer, but its not. I'm sorry loves!! I promise I'll make it up to you somehow!! <3