Never Leaving

Josh's P.O.V. 

I walk into the hospital, still not sure why I'm here. She gave me an option. She said I could go, and any normal guy would go. But for some reason I'm standing here in the doorway of the hospital, looking inside of the clear glass doors I could see her and Anna and Mick standing and talking to the nurse. 

I finally get the courage to walk into the hospital. 

"Are you the father?" the nurse asks innocently. 

"No. I am." I say as I push through Anna to get to Emily. 

We get into the room and I have to fill out paperwork while waiting on Emily and the doctor to get back for the ultrasound. 

When they get back to the room I set the clipboard down and move to Emily's side. I can tell that she's nervous so I take and squeeze her hand. 

"Look at the screen." I say. 

I don't know what happened but I can feel my eyes watering. It was the best thing I have ever seen. I can actually see my baby. Our baby. 

I can't wipe the smile off of my face as I look down at Emily. She is so beautiful. 

"I think you're about ten weeks along." the doctor said.

After the doctor cleans up me and Emily are left in the room alone together. Neither one of us speak for what feels like a long time.

"So what are you doing here?" she finally says.

"I'm sorry Em." I say. "I know what I did was wrong and I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm really, really sorry. I want to help. I want to be there for my baby and for you and I want to at least try and make this right."

Once I started talking all of the words, all of the feelings that I have been having for the past few months come out. I can't stop them, even if I want to.

"I don't know how I'm going to make this up to you, but I promise you, I will try." I continue.

She looks down at her feet. "I don't know Josh. I mean you really hurt me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I know that doesn't mean much to you, but I'm sorry."

The doctor come back into the room and hands us both a picture of the ultrasound.

"So, I'm assuming by both of your ages that you two have no idea how to raise a baby." the doctor states matter-of-factly.

We both nod sheepishly. He hands me a handful of pamphlets.

"You might want to consider one or more of these classes then." he says. He waves us out of the room and back into the waiting room. "I'll see you in a few weeks."

"So, how did it go?" Anna asks excitedly.

Emily hands her the ultrasound. She squeals and hugs Em.

"Let's go." Emily mutters.

"Umm, Rosey. Will you ride with me? I think we need to talk about some things." I say. We really need to talk.

She looks at Anna and then back at me. Anna nods.

"Sure." she finally agrees and follows me to my car.

When we get to the car I open her door before walking around to the drivers side.

"So what do you want to talk about?" she asks.

"Well, for one, how are we going to tell my mom?"

She looks out of the window. "I don't know." she starts to cry. "I'm not sure about anything anymore. I never thought this would happen to me. How am I going to finish school. How am I gonna balance school, a job, and a baby. How am I going to be financially stable enough for a baby."

I sat there in silence for a minute. These same questions have been wracking my brain since she told me she was pregnant.

"I don't know." I say finally. "There are a lot of things that we don't know and this is going to be hard for the both of us, but we can make it. I don't know how yet, but I know we'll be okay."

She stops crying, letting the last few tears fall down her cheeks before turning to me.

"Are you going to leave again?"

That question breaks me inside.

"Never. I will never leave you again. I can't. I'm tired of staying away from you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I know this one is kinda short and I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy, but I promise that I will make is up to you!! Thank you so much if you've read this far and please don't be silent! I love hearing from you guys!!

XOXOXO

By the way, I hope you guys like the new cover!!