Movie Day

Emily's P.O.V.

I walk down the stairs, feeling better now that the meds have kicked in and find the kitchen. 

After getting lost only two billion times. Seriously, no one has any business having a house this big!

I dig through the cabinets. It's almost all junk food. There are boxes of popcorn stacked to the top of the cabinet and bags of chocolate everywhere. It's like paradise for an emotional girl. 

I find a box of pancake mix buried behind the endless supply of junk food and grab the eggs and milk out of the fridge. 

I mix the ingredients into a bowl and find a frying pan after what feels like endless searching through the cabinets. Seriously! No one need a house this big! 

I start humming to a song by Panic! at the Disco that I have had stuck in my head all morning. I begin to dance along when I was confident that no one was around. That was a mistake. 

Josh clears his throat from the door way. I freeze in place. I feel my cheeks start to heat up immediately. I move back to the stove where I was making the pancakes. He starts to laugh. 

"You weren't supposed to see that." I say, stating the obvious. 

I flip the pancake that's in the pan. Still not able to meet his gaze. 

"I thought it was incredibly sexy." he said. Looking me up and down. 

I feel my cheeks start to get redder by the second. I don't know why I can't take a simple compliment without my own blood betraying me! 

I pull a plate off of the cabinet and place the pancake on it, pouring the mix into the pan to make another. I hand the plate to Josh. 

"No, you eat Rosey." he says pushing the plate back toward me. "I'll finish up here." 

 Normally I would've at least tried to be polite, but I'm hungry, so I do as he says. 

He finishes cooking and takes a seat across the table from me. 

"So what do you want to do today?" Josh says. 

"I don't know. I figured you'd just want to take me home." I answer honestly. 

He laughs, but stops when he realizes that I'm serious. "Why would you think that?" he asks. 

"Because, you're my brothers friend. I figured that you wouldn't want to hang around with the lame younger sister." 

"You're only a year younger." he says. "Besides, we don't ever really hang out." 

I laugh at that and put the plate that I was using in the sink. 

"I mean we don't have to do anything if you don't want. I have netflix." he says, winking at me. 

"Okay, but no netflix and chill." 

He laughes and I follow him into the living room. I plop down on the couch next to Josh. 

"What do you wanna watch?" he asks, flipping on the tv. 

"I don't know. Any good horror movies on here." 

I take the remote out of his hand and start to look through the movies on my own. 

"You like horror movies?" he says. The disbelief evident in his voice. 

"Yup." I say, finally settling on Insidious Two

He grabs a blanket off of the floor and offers it to me and I curl up in the warm blanket. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime during the movie I had ended up cuddling with Josh. I don't realize until after the movie is over, but I am laying down on the couch, he's laying behind me with his arm around my waist, keeping me pulled close to him. 

I don't try to pull away. I feel surprisingly comfortable like this. His shirtless body felt warm against mine. I push myself closer to him without noticing. I hold my breath as my cheeks start to turn red, hoping that he didn't notice. 

I don't know what's happening to me. I would never in a million years of had the courage to do what I'm about to do. 

I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe there's still a little bit of alcohol in my system, but I turn to face Josh. Out lips just inches apart. He looks down from the movie and I swear I see some emotion flash in his eyes, but it's gone before I can identify it. 

"Kiss me." I say. 

Before I have time to finish my sentence his lips crash into my. I feel the entire world melting around me. I turn my entire body toward him and he pulls me closer. Suddenly I can feel every inch of my body that he's touching. 

We both pull away for oxygen, but I wish more than anything that we could've stayed like that forever. But of course we can't. Curse my human need to breath. 

"Umm, I- I, umm, I'm sorry." he manages to stutter out. 

"Don't apologize."  I mumble under my breath. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you go!! I know it's kinda short, but I will make the next chapter longer I swear!!! XOXOX I love you!!!

Thank you so so much for reading if you've made it this far, but please don't be silent!!! I would love to hear your thought and to hear how you think that I could improve on the story!!! 

Vote, Comment, message me, use telepathy for all I care, just let me know what you think!!!!