♜PAST TIME [12] : GOD OF DEATH♜

Angel's eyes fluttered open as the first thing she saw was the leaves of the tree up above, soft rays of the sun. She sat up while rubbing her temples.

"Oh, you're finally awake." a voice said as she turned around and saw a pink haired girl, restless.

"Rin? Where are we?" she asked.

"We're outside the auction." Soraru stated as Angel gave out a nod.

"I see...we finally escaped." the black haired girl muttered.

"Yeah, at least we manage to escape from the auction hall." then a pair of red eyes searched for someone through the place.

"Where is Jack?"

Rin's chest seem to be froze, not knowing what to say, she clammed up.

"You see, Angel...h-he is..." she adverted his gaze away from her.

The black haired girl titled her head to the side, waiting for her companion's answer to her single question.

"I'm sorry, Angel...but I wasn't able to help him...h-he was inside, poisoned."

Angel's eyes widened in shock as the other girl bit her lower lip while trembling. "What did you say?!"

"I-I wasn't able to save him...because I have to s-save you...sorry." she lowered her head as shadows casts upon her eyes.

"We have to save Jack!" Angel stated a she stood up from the grassy beds.

"It's impossible. The place was filled with poisonous gas, in one whiff, it will be instant death." she said with sorrow reflecting in her eyes.

"So...there is no any other way to save him?" she asked as Soraru nodded.

"No way..." Angel punches the ground as tears began flowing out of her eyes, regret filled her chest as it will etched there forever.

"He said that we should at least made it out of here, alive."  the pink haired girl added.

"Do we really...have to leave him...behind?" the black haired girl asked, still couldn't believe it.

"Unfortunately, yeah." she answered.

Moments of silence filled the thick atmosphere as none of them made a word, only to share the silence together.

"Let's run away, together."

Rin looked up to her. "...Run away?"

"Yeah, so we'll be free!" Angel said in fake enthusiasm.

"Where would we go? The life of the outside world is savage, we might encounter more hardship than now."

"Then, I'll leave and come back to save you, I'll make sure we'll survive the outside world.

Soraru looked up to the girl, her eyes glimmer, full of determination.

"Promise?" she asked.

"Promise!" the other girl stated.

"I will be waiting for you." Soraru said.

"Yeah, I'll be back." Angel assured her.

She began to walk towards the gate which was going to be the way out of the place when Soraru grabbed her arm, making her halt in her movements.

"Here, this is yours, isn't it?"

Her eyes fully widened as there in front of her was the Red Man action figure that she lost back then. "Y-You have it...with you?" she asked before grabbing it from her hands.