↳ Horibe Itona Ending

Snowflakes fall in the winter as I puffed my cheeks while raising up my muffler, trying to warm myself up in the freezing point of december.

Seven years have passed since Koro-sensei was finally assassinated and the Class 3-E students have finally graduated in Kunugigaoka Academy, here I am now, taking the heir of our family business as an engineer.

And it's also been seven years since I last saw her, during our graduation day, the day I confessed my love to her under a full bloomed cherry blossoms. Which I was utterly rejected.

Angel went missing seven years ago.

Until now, she was still missing. None of our classmates had reached her nor know any recent events going around her, no one knew. Neither do I.

I suspected Karma to know something about Angel's disappearance, but all he said was something so bull.

"I don't know where she is...We already broke up then."

I thought they loved each other dearly? So why break up? If Karma doesn't have any intel, who does?

Pondering in pool of thoughts, I stomped my shoes on the pile of snow as I stopped in tracks. My eyes widened as I saw someone standing few blocks away from me.

Here you go again...you always show up when I least expect it.

There she stood in the hail of snowflakes, wearing the scarf that got shorter yet still nostalgic. From afar, she seem to be thinking blanky, staring at the space.

Then I started to approach her as I walked in a slow pace, leaving snowy footprints. I tucked my gloved hands in my pockets as I finally reached the air headed female.

"Hey, Angel...where have you been?"

Somehow, I felt my eyes watery as my voice was croaking. I don't know why but I had this strange feeling that I just wanted to embrace her warmth.

"You left everyone without saying goodbye after graduation seven years ago...they panicked about your sudden dissaperance." I adverted my eyes from her as I looked down.

I continued. "Especially Karma..."

I noticed her flinched as her eyes seemed to beam, she slowly turned to face me as my eyes grew, astonished.

There...There was no light in her eyes!

It was as if she lost every will to live, no, she isn't living. All she is doing is surviving everyday life. I feel like she isn't living to her fullest.

"Itona....is that you?" her voice was so cold that its coldness is piercing me.

"Yeah, how about you?" I said.

"Huh?" she asked, titling her head to the side. Lost.

"What happened to the old Angel that I knew back then? Why did you suddenly turned so cold?" I spoke.

She gnashed her teeth. "Stop finding the old me! The old me...is dead."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked the most foolish question.

She turned away, "I am not as foolish as I am back then. In the end, Shinigami-sensei is right..."

A shadow casted in her face as her heart was clouded with darkness.

"Assassins doesn't need friends..."

That's the line, that's the very line that the real Angel wouldn't ever say. I feel bad for myself for not knowing about her painful side.