CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR (GHOST BE GONE)

PATRICIA'S POV

The past few weeks after Benjamin and I made up has been so weird. He seems so different, distant even. His calls reduced, he has  so much international trips and we hardly saw, and whenever he was at work, he would ask Christy to help him personally, even if I was the personal assistant. It's almost as if he was avoiding me, but that's absurd right, we recently just made up right?. arrrrrgh, men are frustrating. Oh well this is my life now, an emotional roller coaster. I sigh and try to forget about my issues with Benjamin, cause I have work, I have to finish over the weekend, and I would also try to relax as I continue my work.

"How long are you gonna ignore my presence'" Richard spat.

"As long as I can." I retorted quickly not looking up from my laptop the whole time I spoke.

" Trish I gave you space for almost a month. I think I'm too generous. How many ghost whisperers do you know get a vacation." he reasoned.

"None really and a vacation is not enough, how about you leave my life forever, so come on ghost be gone." I spat.   Okay I'm actually kind of grateful Richard gave me space, if he didn't I would not have been able to enjoy Benjamin's company.

"you know one of the perks of being a ghost is also that I can read minds and you are welcome." he said. I just rolled my eyes at his comment

" so her inheritance Trish." He mouthed
"Aren't I supposed to decide on my own when she is worthy of her inheritance". A few weeks back Rich made me contact his lawyer, I informed him the main and only benefactor as stated in his will and testament was alive and when I feel like Anna deserves her inheritance enough I will call him to give details about the benefactor.

"I think she deserves it." He stated firmly.
"Well of course you are think so. You're the idiot who gave her the inheritance in the first place, cause we rewarding  murderers now." I said whilst giving him d eyes.

"Fine I will make sure Anna gets what's hers as soon as I can, now with that said ,ghost be gone." He disappeared not before rolling his eyes.
I didn't know if I was supposed to be happy or sad... Once Richard was sure Anna was fine, he was going to be gone sooner than later. I should be glad I would soon get rid of him but that's not how it works. Soon after Richard leaves another helpless ghost would be assigned to me. In other words, life sucks plus Benjamin keeps acting out, arrrgh relationships sucks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'
Monday mornings are always so stressful. We had a huge meeting today with major investors for a project in China and guess who had to give the brief, yours truly. I wore a very impressive dress, I needed Benjamin to notice me but all I saw was my boss and no traces of my boyfriend. I delivered the presentation well I hoped while Vanessa took notes. After the meeting, I was congratulated by all the investors on the delivery of my presentation. I felt so good that I nailed this one. I mean if nothing gets him to notice me, this should.

Well he said nothing to me, not even congrats on the delivery, so After seeing most of the investors  off to the elevator, I headed back to the conference room to get my files out, but the door was opened a little and I could hear mark and Benjamin talking about me.

"You're keeping too many secrets from her, you have to come clean, and you just confirmed it"  Mark said sounding like he was cajoling Benji.

"Look, her father just called to ask how her presentation went, apparently it's all she's been talking about this weekend " Benji retorted

Why would my father be calling Benjamin, I mean there's nothing weird if your father calls your boyfriend, who you are presently issues with but he doesn't know that, so its not weird right, arrrgh . I hate this.