CHAPTER EIGHT(NIGHT OUT)

The days pass in a blur, with me obeying the boss like he is a god and trying to avoid getting in his bad books. He was as rude and arrogant as ever.But I have a good feeling about today because its Friday,TGIF (Thank God its Friday), its a half day and then the weekend rolls in work free and Benjamin Harrison free. The police called yesterday to give me the good news, that the people Anna worked for had being caught and they also found incriminating evidence in their hideout,so hurray!!! for justice which also adds up to my happiness. I do my daily routine,and I head for work and I'm on time as always. Vee is in high spirits as always and Christy is happy but professional as always. The boss gets in at 9:00am sharp and I got his coffee ready,an ipad ready to take down notes on whatever he instructs. Work passes in a blur and the boss leaves early.

'Goodbye sir' we all chorus and he didn't even answer. A woman comes out of the elevator smiles and greets him the boss and he nods in acknowledgement and he enters the elevator and he is gone.

'Vanessa you're back how exciting,welcome back, I hope everything is settled now' Vee chirps, both Vee and Christy hug her. Vanessa is a very pretty woman, probably my age, with blonde hair ,with a model's  body and she's wearing a short black dress,a white blazer and black shoes.

Vanessa looked at me from head to toe and I suddenly feel self conscious.

'you must be the new girl'

'yes I am, Patricia Jones.' I reach out to shake her,she eyes me suspiciously,not shaking my hand and walking to her empty desk. well rude much.

We all work in silence and when its closing time I close my laptop,and tidy up my desk.

'so you ready for a night out, we and some people from human resource are going to a club tonight' Vee explains while clearing her desk.

'I'm sorry,WE?' I ask

'oh like it or not Trish you're going' and before I can even protest Vee turns around and invites Vanessa.

'come on van, you've been away from work,come party with us.' Vanessa smiles a little but she realizes my presence.

'Will that girl be coming?.' she looks at me,her face scrunched up in disgust

'yep' Vee answers excitedly.

'then I'm sorry I can't make it Vero,have fun without me.' Vanessa says taking her bag and heading to the elevator, she presses the button, she enters and it closes shut.

'well she must really hate me, but what's her problem with me, I hardly even know her.' I ask Vee rather curious.

'don't pay her any attention , she's just jealous because she wanted the promotion for your job in order to be closer to the boss, its old news that she is still in love with him. They had an affair one time so you'rE automatically her rival.'

'wow,I don't want any trouble, I just wanna work and I have no interest in the boss so I'm no rival' I fired.

'whatever Trish, can I go to your place so we can change and head to the club together, I have my clothes and shoes with me.'

'okay no problem, lets go to my place.'

On the way home Vee tells me a little more about herself, shes not poor but she's not stinky rich either, dead father, a cool mum, no relationship or kids and she is 23. Also the reason she wanted to follow me home is to give us a chance to bond. I ease into the garage at my place.

'Oh my goodness this place is huge and beautiful' Vee gasps

I've never really had people come over,usually I go to dad's apartment so no one ever comes to visit except from Consuella who cleans the house sometimes. I hope Richard does not pop up anywhere.

'don't exaggerate Vee,come on, lets go in.'

I make us sandwiches and Vee keeps gushing about how fine the house is and nearly has a heart attack out when she sees the walk-in closet

'your father must be a billionaire Trish, do you think he will adopt me.'

'come on Vee stop being so silly and sit down.' I drag her to the bed.

'so tell me about you Trish.' Vee asks while drinking her juice.

'well there's not much to tell,I'm 22, mum dead, great father, no relationship and no social life and that's it. I say

'you have a social life now, sorry about your mum though.' Vee smiles sympathetically

'its cool, it was a long time ago and I'm over it now.' Vee obviously detects the sadness in my voice.

'so you looking forward to getting laid tonight.' Vee wiggles her eyes suggestively and I choke on my juice.

'No way' I yell

'why not,don't tell me you have never done it before' Vee gasps

'well yeah I haven't.'

'please at least tell me you have had your first kiss.' Vee asks expectantly.

'yes I have.' I fire

'this is better than television.' Richard says,he obviously just heard our conversation.

'emm Vee I gotta go use the ladies.' I rush to the bathroom and shut the door and Richard joins me.

'Big night tonight' he asks

'yep and you're not invited.' I half whisper

'who are you talking to in there?' Vee starts banging the door

'no one' I reply and I flush the toilet to create some kind of illusion,Richard disappears, well that's a relief.  

I open the door and she comes in, 'come on Trish we have no time to waste lets start getting ready.

Vee helped me pick out a dress I bought when I was 19. A black dress which was too short and too tight and showing a lot of cleavage, while Vee went with a black dress that stopped above her knee with a high slit and cut out at the back. we both paired the dresses with red matching heels,and I put my ginger red hair in a loose side bun, Vee a red clutch and I a black clutch with red studs ,red earring spotlight red lipstick,eyeliner,eyeshadow,mascara and I looked fierce, while Vee went with nude lipstick and black earrings, and she let her blonde hair down.we both looked good and ready to go. I went to the bathroom one more time to look myself in the mirror and gave myself one last pep talk.

'you two look like expensive prostitutes.' Richard said. I almost had a heart attack.

'of course you would know cause you slept and was willing to marry one.' I fired back

'that was a low blow Trish.' he replied and I stuck my tongue out, he shook his head and disappeared.

'come on Trish lets go, let's go paint the town red ' Vee yelled excitedly and I yelled too, cause right at this moment I felt my age and normal, tonight I just wanna let go of all the drama and have fun.

Almost normal life here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Dedicated to all my lovely readers.

A/N

pls vote,comment,read and tell someone. Forgive all errors. follow me on Instagram june_allyson, that's my username

much love SharonRegae xxxxxxxxxx.