CHAPTER THIRTEEN(LUNCH DATE)

After we ordered our lunch, Mark and I were all jolly, smiling, joking and enjoying our food, while Benjamin was fuming in anger. I learnt that Mark and Benjamin have been friends since they were kids, their fathers were besties and they both took over their fathers businesses it's sad but both their dads are dead.

'this is unbelievable.' Benjamin said in such a silent tone, I wonder how we heard it.

'what is?.' Mark asked.

'this, you two sitting here, I was hoping for a peaceful lunch with my best bud not that.' he said pointing at me like I was some object.

'you know,you are so freaking rude.' I said glaring at him.

'you know,you should respect me,I'm your boss.' he stated

'I bet Mark would be a better boss.' I countered.

'guys,guys,no need to fight,you guys should be cool.' Mark said intervening .

I ignored Benjamin's glare and decided to just enjoy my meal and Mark's company.

'Patricia Jones.' someone said. I automatically turned around to see a man who looked two-three years older than me,tall,good looking,copper hair,light brown eyes.I looked at him a little confused but he sort of looked familiar.

'come on Trish, its me,Dalton Roland from high school.' he informs

'Omg Dal its been a while.' I stand to hug him.

'hell yeah, its been years,dang you look fine girl.' he said. Dalton and I were friends, his dad investigated my mum's case though it was later a cold case, we also went to high school together but they had to move to Texas after he's mum died.

'and you my darling, have not changed a bit, still quite the charmer aren't you.' I said grinning so hard my face hurt.

'well I can't help it Trish, you are still as captivating as day one.' he flirts.

Benjamin clears his throat. We both look his way and I regain my professional decorum

'emm this is Benjamin Harrison my boss and Mark Rutter my other boss.' I said doing the intro

'well its nice to meet you.' Dal said sticking his hand out to shake Benjamin but Benjamin just eyes him suspiciously,and Mark saves the day by shaking Dal's hand.

'I'm not just her boss but also her friend.' Mark says.

'well that's nice, emm I'm about to meet a potential client,so I gotta bounce. Can I get your number?.

'of course.' I chirped in.

 He asked for my phone, installed his phone no in my phone and called himself and saved my phone no. We said our goodbyes,hugged and I sat back down.

'This lunch is worse than I had imagined.' Benjamin said.

'chill, your last name is Jones,are  you by any chance related to Dr Isaac Jones. Oh so you're the new chick Benji was talking about, whose father is our business partner.' he said obviously ignoring his friend's rude comment.

'shut up Mark and do not call me Benji in public.' Benjamin said in a cold I'm gonna kill you later tone.

'boys, no need to bicker about me.' I say with a little smile.

'well I guess I'll leave you two, I have somewhere I gotta be later.' Mark said giving me a hug and nodding at Benjamin.

Our food got cold so Benjamin called the waiter to heat up the food for us, and clear Mark's plates.