CHAPTER FOUR(FIRST DAY AT WORK)

beep beep beep beep!!!!!......arrgh.....I use my hand to unconsciously put off my alarm on my bedside table. arrrgh its 6am. I guess I have to sacrifice my sleep now that I have a new job. I get up from my bed,make my bed, I do a little work out on my tread mill for 20 minutes,stroll to the bathroom,brush my teeth,do my business,and then I shower. I walk into my walk-in closet and look for what to wear ,seeing as I bought the whole shopping mall yesterday. I decide on a black pant suit with faint white here and there and a white inner wear, platform black heels and a black office bag. I sit by my dresser to put on some make up...a little eyeliner,mascara and blackcurrant red lipstick and I put my hair into a loose bun and am good to go.Not without your coffee you're not. I walk to the kitchen to get my daily cup of coffee and I munch on an apple. I check the time and its 7:20am and I decide to leave seeing as I want to get to work early.

I decide to drive the Toyota and I signal to the security guard to open the gate. The drive to the company was a mix of me being nervous and excited,and here we are at the HARRISON COOPERATION. I park my car in a spot I found quickly,I step out and I admire the large building. I have been here before and I still cant get over the large glass building. Walking in I get searched by the security people,I give them my name and an employee ID is given to me. I go to the reception, state my business and I'm directed to human resource. I meet a woman who claims she is the one I spoke to on the phone and she informs me that her name is Carissa. She walks out of the room and I follow her,and she babbles about how she thinks I'm competent seeing as I got to work by 7:50am,10minutes earlier and I fist bump myself because I know first impressions matter.

we take the elevator and end up on the last floor,and Carissa informs me that I will be the boss's secretary and personal assistant and I'm stunned. I would have never guessed that I will be put as the president of the company's secretary.

Carissa briefs me on some things like how to make the boss's coffee, how to take his call and how he hates tardiness and incompetence. I listen earnestly because I wanna make a good impression on the boss and I wanna be taken seriously here.

Carissa leaves me to organize some files. Another lady walks into the room, she's pretty, a little younger than Carissa, I'll say in her mid twenties and shes wearing a really tight pencil skirt, which makes me wonder a little about the boss's taste in employees.

'Hi' I greet first because she is too busy organizing some files on her desk which is next to the elevator,while mine is directly outside the boss's office which is locked right now.

she looks up from her files, 'hello,you must be the new girl.'

'yep I am'

'well that's great, I'm veronica miller'

'Patricia Jones.' I reach out to shake her hand like a true professional would.

Veronica furrows her eyebrows in confusion and engulfs me in a wide hug, like I'm a long lost relative.' What is this 2012, who still shakes hands,and I hope we can be friends Trish.'

wow I'm in shock,how am I supposed to know that people don't shake hands,because if you haven't noticed I lack a social life. Although I know not a lot of people are as forward as Veronica is being right now, so I can't take all the blame right.

'I told you Trish was catchy, and I'm jealous,she can call you Trish and I cant?.' oh no not Richard. My eyes grow wide and I think they are gonna pop out of their sockets ,I try telling Richard to disappear with my mind because I know very well he can read minds.

'Trish are you okay,you look pale'

'Me pale, no no no and yes we can be friends Veronica.'

'okay,please call me 'V' or Vero.'

'sure please where is your bathroom?.' I ask

'emm down the hall'

'thanks' I nod appreciatively before running down the hall.

I make sure all bathroom stalls are empty and Richard decides to grace me with his presence.

'what do you think you are doing???. This is my place of work,you cannot just show up here.I would look crazy if I just started talking to you, don't you realize I'm the only one who can see you.go away now!!.' I shoo him with my hands.

'fine I'll go.' then he disappears.

Immediately Richard disappears, a woman walks in the bathroom and smiles at me and I smile back in acknowledgement.

phew that was a close one. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I walked quickly to my desk, to see Veronica already working. It turns out the woman I met in the bathroom is Christy and she works on this floor also,we are only four working on this floor and we are all women, the last woman is absent due to issues unknown to me. I got settled on some files and reports in the last month to get myself up to speed with things around here.

5 minutes later the elevator dings and a man walks into the hallway, I didn't notice his presence at first because I was so engrossed in the paper work,but then I noticed both Veronica and Christy were on their feet so I got up immediately though I was the last to stand up. The man seemed displeased with my attitude but he said nothing about it. I took in his facial features and I realized he was actually very attractive. brown hair,light brown eyes, chiseled jaw, pink lips and a body frame and height that said va va voom. He cleared his throat obviously catching me gawking at him,I immediately turned red from embarrassment and I got no reaction from him,his face was just expressionless .

'Good morning sir.' Veronica and Christy chorused.

'emm Good morning sir.' I chirped in immediately.

He nodded in acknowledgement.

'and you are?.' The boss finally spoke

well this is awkward. 'emmm Patricia Jones at your service sir, your new secretary and personal assistant.'

'of course you are' his beautiful baritone voice spoke again.

'In my office now!!!' he half yelled.

'yes sir.' I stuttered

I had a bad feeling about this.

yep so much for giving a good first impression.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to all my readers and voters...love yual xoxo

A/N

Hey guys, so longer chapter huh,I do it all for u guys...so show some love and vote,comment,read,tell someone...pls dont be a ghost reader....am open for suggestions and creative criticism.....tell me what you think of the story so far.....and new character huh....what do you think of Patricia's boss,Richard, Patricia and all the other characters...suspense and mystery huh..lol...I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you enjoy reading it more.

much love SharonRegae xxxxxx