CHAPTER TWELVE(MEETINGS)

The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife, the silence unnerving that you could literally hear a pin drop. Anxiousness radiating from all of us and a stupid smug look on the boss's face.

'I'm I interrupting anything' he said looking between Markus and I.

'no no no' Markus and I chorused.

'I don't understand what you're doing here, you had Monday to pack up your stuff from your working space.' he said boring a hole into Markus's  soul.

'sir I apologize for coming here unannounced but I had unfinished business with Patty,I will take my leave now.' Markus said while nodding his head at me,the boss and making eye contact with the girls at the corner,he walks passed the boss to the elevator but halted in his tracks as the boss spoke.

'I hope you get well soon, good luck.' the boss said his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Markus only nodded in acknowledgement, pressed the elevator button and got in until the elevator door closed.

'good morning sir.' the three girls chorused getting out of the corner and to their desks.

The boss as always snubbed them, got into his office and gestured for me to follow him and I did and shut the door behind us.

'so its Patty now huh?.' he said.

'what?.' I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

'Markus, the one who tried to freaking rape you is now all jolly with you and calling you Patty, you should hate that bastard for what he did to you.' he fired.

'excuse me but what is it to you, why do you care so much about what I do, not everyone is bitter like you, I choose to forgive whoever I want and you have no right to scold me like that,you're not my father infact you're nobody to me okay?.' I yell not caring if the entire building hears me.

'get me some coffee.' he said casually and expressionlessly as if we didn't just have a big argument. I will never understand this guy, he's so damn complicated and infuriating. I keep my cool nod in acknowledgement and walk out of the office.  All of the girls look at me, Vee is about to speak but I raise my hand to stop her and she shuts her mouth and I scurry off to the kitchen to make Mr hot shots coffee. 

After giving him his coffee I also collected files and reports that needed to be reviewed. In two hours we were having a meeting with board members and sponsors on how to expand the business and I'm going to be in attendance, taking the minutes of the meeting. The elevator dings and the doors open and a man in a power suit, tall, attractive but not as much as the boss though.

'Mark, you're back.' Vee says.

'indeed I'm, Vee you're looking as beautiful as ever.' he says with a smile. damn his British accent is so hot.

'thanks' did Vee just blush?, shes always so carefree that I would have never guessed a man would affect her like this. I'm positive there's more to this story. He hugged Christy and Vanessa.

'and you my dear must be Patricia Jones.' he said while taking my hand and kissing it,well what a gentleman huh.

'emm yes,and you are?.' I ask

'I'm Mark Rutter,I cannot believe no one mentioned me to you, and I thought I was popular.' he puts his hand over his chest in mock hurt.

'and how do you know me?.' I asked curiously.

'well...' he's cut short.

'Mark come in and stop wasting time, Miss Jones coffee for the gentleman.'