Chapter 23: Dear Past me,

A/N: this is short only 'cause the next chapter is going to be hectic lmao. Sorry for the next few chapters in advance. Enjoy the easy sailing for now.

-

Vinaye was out of breath.

Cheers, hollers, and chants from their fans surrounding the stage the moment the lights started to flutter dramatically for the ending of the ten minute long choreography performed for the competition.

Twirling Zia into him, Vinaye's hand went roughly over her bare thigh for the step, arching her leg up onto him as she leaned completely forward. Torso to torso, chest to chest, skin to skin. Head leaning in, both were breathing hard when eyes met each other.

"Why did you come?" Vinaye asked breathless, eyes soft when staring at the woman that he just performed the last song with.

The lights dimmed. Fans screaming.

Zia stared at the darkness that surrounded the man.

"I made a promise," she said lightly, making it easier to talk to him when she couldn't quite see him, "and although I broke my first one with you, I wasn't about to break this one."

Vinaye let go of Zia's leg awkwardly, feeling her breath at his cheek.

"What promise you break?" he asked confused, brows knitting.

It took Zia a while. Moving out of his grasp completely, she moved her feet back a few steps, moving off the stage before others could pop up.

"I promised I wouldn't fall for you," Zia said lowly, "I broke it." Her eyes darting away from him before moving backstage.

Vinaye's lips parted at that. Before he could step foot towards the girl, a hand went to his shoulder, lights back out as the rest of the team rushed onto the stage again.

He had trouble looking away from where the woman once stood.

"You did it," Jimin chimed, laughing as everyone screamed in the audience. His eyes were on Vinaye however, hand still on his shoulder.

Vinaye snapped out of it. He genuinely smiled, eyes soft when looking at Jimin.

"We did it," the man corrected, grinning when urging Jimin to go over to the other members of the team that were going incredibly mental before the crowd.

The moment Vinaye spotted Jackson and Urie humping each other on stage, he knew everyone was truly happy on stage.

"Even if we don't win," he whispered to himself, breathless as beads of sweat rolled down his temple, he eyed his team and what they had just accomplished together, "...this was worth it."

.

Vinaye grinned as he slowly let his eyes flutter open, and it was worth it. We didn't win, but we sure did have a good time.

Sleepily moving in his sleep as he moved to roll over to the other side of his bed, he stretched, moaning a little tiredly as he sighed. Breath hitching when his back hit a form, his eyes met long brown hair on the pillow next to him. Eyes meet the muscles of a female back, his eyes grew instantly.

Head snapping to his body before him, his surprise caught him with even more of a shock when seeing that he was naked below the sheets that draped above him. Not wanting to glance over at the woman next to him, he could easily tell she was naked from the way she hugged herself together from the chill.

Seeing the goosebumps growing up on her upper shoulder, Vinaye swallowed hard as he slowly moved the blanket onto the woman. He froze however, watching her snuggle into the pillow when he moved closer to her. Turning onto her back, Vinaye shot his eyes over to her face and not her bare chest as he completed his task. Eyes meeting the face of the woman, his eyes softened at the peaceful exterior of Zia asleep.