Chapter 8

I was quiet the whole ride, and I'm angry he even told me he had a thing for me.

I mean, I definitely suspected something, but I didn't want to fucking have it confirmed. I'm angry now.

Plus, I started my period, so I have a tampon in. I'm at the field at the game, and I'm avoiding Brandon, Ben, Parker, and Noah.

I know they probably know about it because Noah probably told them and I don't want to be fucking questioned.

I'm in a horrendous mood.

Like, he shouldn't have said anything.

He knows I haven't even found myself yet.

I am so angry today, I want to fist fight somebody.

If I could see somebody bleed today, I'd probably be really happy.

I look out at the field.

We're fucking losing.

It's 0 to 3.

Coach calls for a timeout and everyone on our team floods into the dugout.

Noah stays away from me.

"Does anybody have any idea ideas?"

"Let's wait it out. It's not like we can do anything." I grumble.

He sighs.

"Fine."

We start playing again, and we're full on losing. Finally, it switches to bat. Coach comes into the dugout and points at me.

"Hart, are you okay?" he asks.

I'm sitting with my arms crossed and I just look pissed.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Alright. You're on first. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine."

I stand up, marching out onto the field. The moment I leave the dugout, I hear coach turn to Noah and say, "What happened between you two?"

Irritated, I pick up the bat. I see through the fence that Noah is talking.

They're fucking talking about it.

I tighten my grip on the bat, and the minute the ball gets close enough, I swing.

It goes out of the stadium.

I walk the bases, because my back fucking hurts and I don't feel like running.

The crowd is screaming, and when I walk into the dugout, I notice that all of them are staring at me.

I don't care.

I sit down and let coach pick the next person.

<><>

So we lost by one point, so I'm in a fairly bad mood. We're all standing in our meeting room after the game, just talking, and I'm kinda standing there, trying to find a way to slip out unnoticed.

I really don't want to talk to Noah. Last night was so awkward.

My eyes dart to the door.

If I could just-

"Are you going to ignore me forever?" he asks behind me. He's not making any move to be quiet.

I turn around. Noah stands there, his arms crossed. His hair is damp from his shower, and he looks beautiful. He is beautiful.