Chapter 17

My parents and sister went home because Charlotte has school. Emma left a bit after that, and eventually, Noah left too.

I'm home alone now.

I cleaned the whole house, and I'm already bored of this house.

I would give anything to get a new house.

Tomorrow is cyber Monday.

Noah doesn't have a phone yet.

I want to text him, but I can't.

I open google, and just as I do, my phone chimes.

I look down.

Noah: I got a new phone

Me: that's great!

Noah: yeah :)

Me: can I buy a house online

Noah: I think so

Noah: why?

Me: tomorrow is cyber Monday. I might move out of the city. I want a real house.

Noah: don't you want to wait until you're married to buy a house?

I guess he's right.

Me: yeah, I guess. I'm still moving though

Noah: alright then

I get out my laptop and the screen is cracked.

What the fuck!

Angry, I shove it, and the charger, into a bag, and grab my purse and walk out of the house, locking the door.

I get in the car, driving to Best Buy.

I go to Geek Squad.

<><>

I ended up having to buy a new laptop.

That was two weeks ago.

A lot has changed since then.

It's December 11th.

I moved out of my old house with Noah's help. I found this beautiful home. It's two stories, and somebody lives below me, but it's got everything I could want. One bedroom and a den, a patio that I can go to in a white blanket and drink coffee in the early mornings, a beautiful kitchen, a fireplace in the living room and the aster bedroom. The first floor is where I do the laundry and I have a few boxes down there. I always go right upstairs. The stairs are simple. You start up them from the street, unlock the door, and then it's upstairs, but there's a small platform with a door that leads to storage and laundry.

I love the place.

I bought a new car, too.

It's a 2016 Dodge Journey SXT.

It's red. It's beautiful.

I bought my Christmas tree and Noah and I decorated it. I already bought everybody's Christmas gifts.

I have no idea what I'm doing for Christmas this year. I'm making cookies. I dial Mom because I've been meaning to call her.

The fireplace is lit, and I have pine candles lit. I even hung lights up where I could.

It's so homey and happy.

The phone rings twice, and then stops.

"Hey Brooke." Mom says.