Chapter Twenty

* This chapter is dedicated to my grandfather he past away December 3, 2013. *

Avery's POV

She had been gone for a long time now, while she left me to deal with the council members. They were asking way to many question, this would normally be fine but Krey was here this time. And she's been acting strange since she was attacked.

Something was up I just couldn't wrap my head around it just yet. I turned when I felt a hand lightly touch my arm. And the sparks run up arm.

"I'm sorry, I got a call from my mom." She wraps her arm through mine and attaches herself to my side. Her frame is shaking and she feels a little cold.

"Don't worry about it I was just being hounded by council members, thanks to you they've thinned out." I brush my hand lightly over her cheek, she is definitely colder than normal, and her skin feels clammy.

"We'll they don't seem to like have brought a war to their door step I mean who can blame them though. If I was in their position I would be angered by the news of war." She spoke thoughtful she had come a long way since the girl who had come to get revenge into a skillful Luna. She is my everything now and always will.

"This is true, but the truth is truth you can do nothing to change it. And speaking of truth your not sick are you? You've been acting weird for a while now." Her hand tightened on my arm and I felt her breathing shallow out for a second.

I look over at her and she is shaking a little, her skin looks pale and sickly and her eyes a little sunken and black. She looks unwell and I didn't notice it. How useless can I be?

"It's nothing..." But she trails off her hand coming to touch her stomach and I watch as she crumbles forward a little bit, I bend down with her catching her.

"Kerry talk to me what's going on?" I looked around and I saw someone calling for a doctor and then other members being escorted out of the room. Alpha Summerton pushes her way towards us and bends down near me.

"What's going on?!" She spoke as she placed a hand on Krey, retracting it she looks shocked.

"She is freezing?" I growl and look at Krey her eyes are rolling into the back of her head. She loosing it, I shake her a bit, she looks over at me.

"It's alright it past." Her voice is startlingly calm and I find my breathing is uneven and short. My wolf is pacing he's just as worried as I am.

"It's not okay what is going on?" I grounded out as she give me a sad smile. Her skins color is returning and she looks less on the brink if passing out. Her eyes look lively she looks as if something has breathed life into her.

"I'm fine see theirs nothing to worry about Avery!" She says exasperated at my persistence and I felt her hand tighten around my arm and she give me a look.

"Alpha Summerton would you mind terribly if we could stay for a few days here I think I am a little sick from all the stress of these past days." She say turning her eyes onto Summerton. She nods her head and then stand I pull Krey to her feet.

"Yes, of course stay as long as you'd like. I will reassure everyone that you are okay." She turns and heads for the door, as she closes it Krey falls heavily into my arms and snuggles close. Her breathing is evening out but she looks tired, but I want to know what she is hiding.

"Spill what's wrong?" I say as I tenderly brush the hair out of her eyes, she has a stubborn look on her face. She wasn't going to tell me anything I knew that face all to well.

"Sorry no can do, that is a trade secret." She gives me a cheeky smile and then close her eyes.

"You are a hand full you know that right?" I any as I stand up and cradle her in my arms, she wraps her arms around my neck.

"But that's why you love me." She instantly replies back and I chuckle. That was one of the many reasons why I love her.

We ending up stay three days later than I planed. But it was alright she got better as the days progressed, her body healing and getting stronger. She looked to be getting a little chubby, but I figure that was from the fact she hadn't ran in a week.

Her wolf had to be clawing to get out. After saying our thanks and good byes we headed off to the air strip. We boarded right away and then left once everything was set.

Krey slept for most of the flight and I was content with listening to her breathing. I had also watched a movie "Twilight" and chuckled at how Vampires were shown.

But she got wolfs for the most part but the only difference is were pretty primal these were tamed wolfs. I needed up watching the whole series. And found that it didn't really get better from their.

The last movie had a fight scene which brought me some interest from the mere fact of watching Vampires being beheaded. We landed as the end credits started playing for the movie. She was still asleep, picking her up I head out of the plane and walk towards the car that was waiting.

My third in command was their Andrew. He was smiling and pulled open the door for me.

"Good to have you back Alpha." Andrew said as he walked past me towards the plane to retrieve our bags.

I got in the car messing with my mates beautiful red hair. She didn't stir at my touch but she did let out a soft sigh. I smile and look up when I see Andrew slid into the drivers seat. He starts the engine and it purrs, I love my cars.

"How is the Luna?" Andrew ask I can hear the concern in his voice, I look down at her, she looks pale. Thought her breathing is strong and not shallow that used good. But something is still bothering me none the less.

"She's doing better but I can't tell what's wrong we'll have to have sadly take a look at her. I don't want to take any chance, but I do suspect that this might have something to do that vampire, that attacked her." I growl at mere thought of vampires, even thought she killed him, I don't feel any better about what happened to her. Andrew picked up on that, he's quite for the rest of the drive. I just drink in her scent and pull my hands through her hair.

Their was something my mate wasn't telling me.

~~~~

It's a short one this week. My grandpa died and were getting everything sorted out, and on top of that I have exams, so I'm not going to be posting for a little while.

But on a lighter note, I'm going to asked you guys if you can get me to 80 Votes on my story. It's a challenge that I am sure y'all can do.

If you do that I'll they to get a new chapter up faster. (So vote for your favorite chapter so far)