Chapter 25

Chapter 25

(Louis’ POV)

            I was running fast as I could feel my heart accelerate. Elle had the gun pointed right at Andy. I wasn’t going to let her kill her. I got in front of Andy as I heard the BANG!!

            I fell back because of the impact of the bullet go through my chest, feeling Andy behind me as we fell to the ground. All I remember was the pain of the bullet entering my chest, and screams, and Andy calling out my name, but I couldn’t respond to her.

            A week ago I was down on one knee proposing to the one I love and the next I was laying in the hospital bed with a hole in my chest.

            I heard beeping, felt air coming in my nose to help me breath, and pain in my chest. I opened my eyes seeing a blurry view, and after I blinked a few times, I saw a light behind my head, a window to my right with the blinds closed, with a door beside it and shut tight, light coming in from it too. I saw a TV in front of me that wasn’t on, below it was a mirror and a sink, with a board, and messages on it. It had the date, who my doctor was, my nurse, my name, hey the guys names and Andy is on there… but why?  Hey, mom and dad too… wait… they are back home, why are they listed?

            I saw a door to my left, figuring it was the bathroom… and another window with the blind closed too, and much sunlight coming in, and in the chair in front of it was Andy. She was curled in a little ball in the chair next to me just her eyes closed.

            I moved my arm to try to wake her, reach out toward her, but she must have heard me because she opened her eyes in flash, “Louis?” she asked.

            “Andy,” I said but my voice was dry as I cough.

            She came over, “Oh Louis!! Thank god you’re awake!" she hugged me tight as I groaned! She released me quickly, “Oh, shit babe I'm sorry!”

            “It okay I’m just glad to have you in my arms again!” I cough again.

            She quickly grabbed a pitcher and cup with a straw and helps me. “Here… it’s water.”

            I put the straw in my mouth and drank the whole cup of water.

            “Tanks,” I said after I was done.

            “You’re welcome.” She sighed, “Do you want me to go tell the nurses you’re awake, are you comfy, do you want to sit up, and maybe have some visitors in here.”

            “First, I want a kiss.”

            She smiled and we kissed as I felt warm tears on my lips. “Why are you crying?”