Chapter 20

•Departure For Surprise Trip •

"You got all your stuff baby?" He asks. "Yes." I nod. "Are you sure you're going to be okay with being on a plane for twelve hours?" I nod, "I'll be fine." I tell him. "Have you ever been on a plane?" He asks. I start to play with my hair, "Well.. no, I've never been on a plane but it can't possibly be that bad. Honestly, if I was ever on a plane it might've been when I was tiny and I can't remember." We sit in the airport and I can't wait to see where we're going, he still hasn't told me. And everytime a new flight is called I look at him and he'd just smile and lay back. It's around 7:50 am and I'm wondering what time our plane is supposed to leave. "Okay, baby.. I'll give you a hint." He says.

I sit up straight and nod, "Our plane will board in ten minutes." I quickly look up at all the planes leaving at 8, unfortunately.. that doesn't make it any better. There are a couple planes leaving at that time and they're all at different ends of the airport. Be a smart bitch, don't be a dumb bitch. I look around to see the gates we're in front of to see what plane we could possibly be waiting for. I'm sure I look like a dumb duck looking from gate to the flight line up. Then it clicks and I see where we're going, I gasp. He smiles, "We're going to Paris?" I ask him. "You figured me out, I don't win the biggest award for most romantic boyfriend."

I chuckle, "Yes you do, you're the most romantic man I know." I lean into him, gently pulling on the scarf he's wearing. "It's gonna be real cold over there." He explains to me. "That's why you told me to bring a lot of sweaters and jackets." I'm barely putting all of the pieces together. He smiles and nods, I press my lips against his. My chest fills up with excitement when I hear our gate being called, surprisingly a lot of other Koreans are headed over there too. They all look fairly business dressed, so I get the impression it's for work. "Let's go." He says excitedly and I stand up grabbing my small backpack. I grab a hold of his cute soft hand and we walk up to the stewardess who checks our tickets and we're about to go down the long hall to the plane.

I look around like a small curious child, I stare in awe when we walk into the plane and the rows are so nice looking. I don't know why I think that but.. okay. "Our seats are here.. would you like the window seat?" He asks me. "Oh, yes, I want to see everything when we're up in the sky." He smiles and nods. I walk into the little row first and sit down, setting my backpack on my lap as I just look outside at nothing. The runway is visible and a lot of workers are running around or driving carts, there's a light fog but not enough to affect the flight. "You already seem so fascinated." I hear his voice. I nod still looking outside, "Good Morning Passengers this is your pilot speaking, we'll be leaving shortly. So get relaxed, it's gonna be a long ride."

I look up at the ceiling of the plane then automatically look back outside the window. "So like, how long does it take for the plane to take off?" I ask him. "Mmm, like five to ten minutes, they need to make sure that everyone is on the plane." He explains to me. "Oh oh okay." I continue to stare outside.