Chapter 5

*3 Days Later*

"Do you want to go to school today?" Brenden asks...

      "Not really, I just want to do what we did yesterday." I respond.

"Me neither. You want to smoke again?" He says.

     "Didn't I just say that." I respond getting annoyed.

"My bad bae, Let me get the stuff." He says getting off the bed to go towards his dresser, grabbing the weed and paper.

      I don't know when I started to like to smoke. Brenden has been bringing the bad boy side of me out, and I like it. It's senior year, so I figure I get to have a little fun. Being high just seems to take the edge off. I've skipped school for the past three days. I leave out like I am going to school, but I really come over to be with Brenden. I watch him as he begins to roll up when Za'nae calls me.

"Hello." I answer nonchalantly into the phone.

     "Nice to hear from you too." She says. I can tell she aggravated.

I sigh. "What is it Nae?"

     "You haven't been to school in three days. You mind telling me wassup?" She says.

"No Mom I don't." I laugh into the phone because Brenden makes a silly face.

     "You're with Brenden aren't you?" She asks

I roll my eyes at her smugness. "Yeah, Why?"

      "You are wilding Maeko. You don't see what he's doing?" She argues.

I get annoyed. "Frankly Za'nae I don't, and I would really appreciate if you would stop trying to control me, and worry about you. K, Thanks." I hang up on her, and toss the phone on the bed.

     I get on the floor with Brenden, and watch as he rolls the weed up, so we can smoke.

"What was that about?" He asks.

     "Nothing. Are you gonna light that up?" I ask ignoring his question.

"You so impatient, but here you go." He hands it to me, and I place it up to my mouth to light it up. Once I light it up, I deeply inhale that smoke, and I am instantly hit with that buzz I've been longing for.

     Brenden is taking me to new heights from feeling so low. I'm just enjoying our time together for the rest of this day, fuck school I can go anytime.

*Za'nae P.O.V*

      Maeko hasn't been coming to school for the past few days, and I am worried. I understand he's going through things, but we all dealt with the same losses. I guess rebelling is his way to cope, but why do it now. Something triggered Maeko, and I really want to know what.

      After he rudely hung up in my face, I go to find Milo. I walk into the cafeteria for breakfast, and he's sitting at the round table in the back with Japree. I walk back to the table, waving at them as I approach. "Hey y'all." I speak as I reach them.

"Hey." they both greet back. I know right now family and friends are all Maeko has, so I decide to talk to them about everything.

     "So we have a problem..." I clear my throat.

"And it is?" Japree asks.

     "Maeko." I respond looking between the both of them.

Japree rolls his eyes, as Milo focuses on me. "Why do say that?" Milo asks.