Chapter 8

Kano and I just lay there in shock after what we have just done. I am laying with my head rested on his chest, listening to his heart beat. "Am I a hoe?" I ask suddenly...

He shifts his head above me. "Why would you say that?" He asks.

     "Because I just fucked you on the first day, not even hours after knowing each other." I explain.

"I do know you." He says suddenly.

     "What do you mean?" I ask as I sit up.

He laughs a little. "Come on now Lil Maeky." He says as he looks at me.

     "Maeky..." I say as I start to think about who calls me that. "Oh my god!" I jump up shocked.

"Yeah..." He says.

     "Kano... Kano as in Dino's cousin Kano!" I semi- yell surprised.

"I can't believe you didn't remember me." He says as he adjusts himself in his underwear.

     "No No No No." I say pouting.

"What? I wasn't good?" He ask in a cocky manner.

     "It's not that it's just..." I sigh. "It's complicated."

"I'm full of complications. My mom thinks I'm useless. My dad is in and out of jail, My sister is a prostitute, My brother is dead, and.... My cousin got shot and is in a coma." He finishes.

     I look up towards the ceiling. "Yeah your life is complicated, except one thing..." I inhale deeply, then let out a low sigh.

"What?" He asks.

     "Aldino isn't in the coma anymore..." I say turning to look at his reaction. Which much more of a stare than anything. "What?" I ask because of his glare.

"Stop playing with me." He says still holding that stare.

     I look away awkwardly. "This is true. I went and saw him, and that's when I found out he was alive. We were in a relationship, and he forgot I was even apart of his life... He lost his memory I mean."

"Wait a minute!" He says jumping back a little. "You and Dino was together?" He asks again.

     "Yeah for seven months..." I respond.

"If he find out about this he's gone kill me... I know how my cousin works." He says placing his head down. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asks still with his face down.

     "Nigga, I didn't know who you were!" I said shocked that he said that. "No matter... Aldino still can't know." I added.

"And you just hopped into bed with me. " He spat. "So have you seen him since that day at the hospital?"

     "Not really.." I shrug.

"Don't you think you should make an effort." He lifts his head up, and stands up to put on his jeans.

     "No. He wouldn't want to see me. Besides, I have a boyfriend." I stand up to find my jeans as well.

He looks at me with a quick glance. "You already got a nigga?" He says trying to sound hard again. " We just fucked dude. On top of that left my cous alone to be some square. "

     "Yeah, Sadly but I don't know for how long." I say as I am sliding in my jeans. " Hold up! You not about to judge me because you came on to me. "

"This is stuff you should have told me before." He says in a normal voice.

     "Well look what is done is done. Let's just at least try to be cool about this." I answer sternly so he understands our rules. " I can forget about it if you can. "