Chapter 22

"Who was that?" Milo asks as I unpause the game..

"That was Japree." I respond casually.

"What he was talking about?" He asks still trying to beat me at this game.

"He wants me to call Dino. He says we need to talk because Dino is acting weirdly." I furrow my eyes at the screen.

"Are you gonna call him?"

"Eventually." I tilt my head sideway in annoyance.

Milo pauses the game once more. "Do it now."

I look over at him. "Why should I? Why do I always have to pick him up when he goes on his own self destruction journey."

Milo's mouth drops when I say this. "Because if you don't he's gonna resent you."

I shrug. "I can live with that."

"Maeko..." Milo's eyes sadden.

I sigh. "Kidding..." I push his shoulder slightly. "I'll call him."

"Somebody at the door for you..." Lando says walking into my room.

"Who is it?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Go see..." He responds walking out of my room.

"Rudeness." I shout back and he flips me off. I look at Milo and he shakes his head. I stand up and make my way down the stairs. Once I reach the bottom of the stairs I am shocked to see Kano standing in my living room.

"What you doing here?" I cross my arms, still standing on the stairs.

"Ko I need your help." He says kind of desperately.

"With?" I ask.

"Dino."

"Why is everyone so concerned about him? What has he done now?" I ask. I may sound ignorant but you have to understand the extent of Dino and I's relationship.

"He going ballistic. He trying to do something crazy. He flipped on me over something dumb. He thought I was saying he was weak because he got shot and he just turned." He explained and I was confused.

"What do you need my help with?"

He exhales and stares at me. "You can try TALKING to him." He yells and I look at him crazy.

"Okay... I'm gonna go over there." I tell him and he nods.

"Hurry man before he tries to do something." He turns around and leaves out of the house.

I turn around to walk back up the stairs, and I see Lando and Milo standing at the top. "Y'all heard all that?" I ask them.

They both nod. "Here go your shoes and jacket." Lando hands them to me, and I put them on. "You need to go now."

"I'm coming with you." Milo says as he stands up, walking down the stairs. We both exit the house, and I walk towards my car. I unlock the door, and we get in.

I groan as I start the car up. "This is one long ass Tuesday. I'm ready for Friday so we can be out for Thanksgiving break." I say to Milo and he doesn't respond.

I pull off towards Dino's house, and I have anxiety. I don't know what's wrong with Dino these days. After about 5 minutes I pull up to his house. Milo and I hop out and walk up to Dino's door. I was about to ring the doorbell when BJ opened the door.

"I saw y'all walking up. Ko I'm glad you came." He said stepping out of the way, letting us in. "He's upstairs."

He tells me, pointing up towards the stairway. I nod and walk past him up the stairs. Once I reach the top of the stairs I notice a lot of stuff thrown into the hallway. I hear Dino mumbling to himself, and this is new behavior to me. I peek my head around the door to see his room trashed, and he's talking to himself