Chapter 11

I stop because of this shocking news Bj just told me. Za'nae and Milo? This doesn't even make sense. I can't help but be happy for those two because they both went through a lot in their own time. I do however need answers..

"When did this happen?" I question as I start back walking, at a slower pace. Bj places his hand up to his lip, and ponders for a bit. "I think it happened a week ago" He answers, and I start to think about all the possibilities.

"I'm happy for them." I plaster a fake smile on my face. Bj looks at me for a moment then focuses his attention on his feet. We get closer towards the bus stop, and I walk up behind Za'nae.

"HI!" I yell behind her, and she jumps, dropping her phone in the same instance.

"Goodness, DON'T DO THAT!" she screams at me, and picking her phone up. "I see you're talking to me again." She says with a straight face.

"I never stopped. I was just finding myself. Give me a break, will you." I say as I scratch the top of my head. "I will but bitch you got some explaining to do." She punches me in the arm, and smiles. I hug her because it was much needed. I have just killed tension with two friends now all that was left was Milo, and Japree.

"Uh oh.." Za'nae says as she is looking over my shoulder.

"What?" I question as I try to turn around, but Za'nae stops me.

"Um... You don't want to turn around.." Za'nae says and now I'm even more curious at my surroundings.

"What the hell is i---" I turn around to see Brenden, Lonnie, and some brown skinned dude walking up to the bus stop with them. I roll my eyes, as I turn back to talk to Za'nae.

"Are you okay?" She asks noticing my reaction to Brenden's demeanor.

"I'm fine." I mumble as they get closer.

"Sup y'all." Lonnie says full of excitement.

"Hey Lonnie.." Za'nae says. Bj just nods, and I just stare at Jayln who is with them, and he's standing super close to Brenden. Brenden looks at me, and licks his lips, and he notices my death stare at him.

"Hey Maeko.." He says as he opens his arms to hug me.

"Not gonna happen." I say as I place my hand up, so he wouldn't step any closer.

"Why you won't talk to me? I haven't talked to my so called boyfriend in a week and two days." He says with anger in his voice.

I look at Jalyn's facial expression, and he is looking at Brenden like he just stole his cash. "We haven't talked because you've been busy, I see." I look towards Jayln, and he looks between Brenden and I.

Za'nae taps my shoulder, and whispers in my ear. "What is going on?" I look back and place a finger in the air stating that I'll tell her soon. Bj just stands in silence watching everything.

"Come on man, you're not still mad about the phone call thing are you?" He says crossing his arms.

Jayln's eyes got wide, and I look towards his direction instantly knowing what roll he played in this."I'm guessing you were the one that answered the phone?" I say placing my attention on the side that looks oddly familiar.

"Um. I don't know what you.." I cut him off mid sentence.

"Did y'all fuck?" I ask wanting an answer.

"Don't answer that." Brenden says, and I instantly shook him a look.

"Why can't he answer?" I ask.