Chapter 19

*Japree in the MM*

*Japree P.O.V*

This detective wants to talk to us and I am less than excited to talk to him. I really hope that all the bullshit from last year would be put behind us. I mean I knew this time would come but this is too soon..

"Hello you all. I'm Detective Case." He says and BJ snickers. Ugh he's so childish.

"What's so funny?" Milo asks.

"Because his name is Detective... Case. You get it?" He says and we all look at him trying not to give in to his stupidity.

"Not the right time B." Maeko says shaking his head.

"Moving on... I'm pretty sure you all know why I am here." He says looking around at all of us. "Where is Aldino?" He asks.

"He didn't come today." I say to him.

"Understood." He says and looks at Maeko.

"I understand you're close to the victim." He says.

"Don't call him that. He hates that." Maeko says lowly.

"I apologize. You're are close to the person that was injured?" He rephrases and Maeko shrugs.

"Was..." Maeko responds.

"Maeko!" Za'nae says to him.

"What he asked." Maeko says looking around.

"They're going through a rough patch right now." She tells the Detective.

He nods and stands up pulling out a briefcase. He opens it, and sits a stack of folders on the desk. "These are your individual statements you gave to the police about that night am I correct?" He asks us.

"You should know. You have the folders." I say to him and he laughs.

"You're right." He says picking up the folders and handing them to us. "Pass the files matching the name of who it belongs to." He says sitting back on the desk looking at us.

We take our files, and pass the other one to the person it belongs too.

"Why is my files and Aldino's file so big?" Maeko asks and we all look at the Detective.

He crosses his arms and leans back on the desk. "Because you two spark a lot of conversation. In each file." He says.

Maeko looks at all of us. "So that means all of y'all blamed me?" He asks.

"What?" Milo shouts out.

"You're tripping Ko" BJ says

Za'nae turns in her seat towards Maeko. She sits her folder on the table. "You must still have some issues with us you need to address?" Za'nae says clearly getting fed up with Maeko.

He looks at her shocked and smiles. "As a matter of fact..." He sits his folder on the table as well. "I do..."

"Speak your mind." She says.

"Ever since that night all of y'all have been flip flopping with me. One minute y'all think Derrick is guilty then one minute y'all think he isn't. Nobody even realized that every time something came up, I was the first to be blamed. All the fights, and shit that happened last year was not all on me. It was a result of me protecting y'all. Everybody in this whole group had secrets and y'all acting like mines was the worst. We don't want to start talking about those though? Oh okay." He finishes.

"Nobody blamed you for anything." I spoke up.

"Nope Japree let him talk." Milo says.

"What secrets you speaking on Maeko. We all friends in here right. We all one group. Do any of y'all care if he says something?" Za'nae asks us.