Chapter 27

*Maeko P.O.V*

Waking up early mornings was never my thing. I especially didn't want to be up early to go to court. I could've been in school but since it's the last few weeks of Senior year I could stand to miss some days. I got out of bed, and went into my bathroom. I used the bathroom then washed my hands. Since I'm in the bathroom I decided to go ahead and brush my teeth. It's a must that I keep these pearly whites clean.

After about 10 minutes in the bathroom of handling my hygiene I decided to hop in the shower. We have to be at court at 10:00 am, so I woke up at 7. I turned the water on to get it hot before I cut the shower on. I run back into my room and decided I'll wake up or make sure everyone is up. Today is the big day. I grab my IPhone and unlock it. I immediately go to my calls and start making calls. The first person on my list was Dino.

The phone rung once before he answered. "Hello." He answered groggily.

"Did you look at the contact or you searched around the bed for your phone?" I ask wanting to know.

"I searched. I knew I felt it vibrating." He yawned.

"You tired?" I asked, playfully. I know it annoys him when I ask obvious questions.

He sighs on his end. "If you call me and I was sleep what does that tell you?"

"It tells me you had you eyes closed." I laughed.

"I'm about to hang up." He threatens.

"I was only calling to see if you were up. We have to be at court at 10." I saw walking back into the bathroom.

"In the morning?" He asked.

"Nope at night... Yes in the morning." I say and he hangs up in my face. I look down at the call ended and laugh out loud. He hung up on me but at least he is up.

Next I call Za'nae. I knew her nerve-wrecking ass would be up. Considering her Spa day with Lyric the other day. I dial her number. The phone rings for long than I would have liked but she answered.

"Good morning Ko." She greets.

"Good morning Best friend." I say back.

"You know it's been a while since you called me that." She says.

"I always call you that." I argue.

"No you don't but it's cool." She laughs.

"Anyways are you up?" I ask her while picking out my flat afro.

"Yeah... I been up since 6am. I couldn't sleep. Today is gonna be nerve wracking." She sighs.

I frown. "Yeah but it should be an easy verdict. We all know what happened."

"Yeah I guess." She says, sound unsure.

"Nae you don't sound like someone who is ready to put a monster away. Are you sure you're ready for today?" I ask turning off the water because I clearly wasn't getting in right now. I take a seat on the toilet.

"I mean I'm sure but I don't know Ko. Derrick will be 18 this year. Right along with us. I could care less for Rico but Derrick doesn't deserve to go to jail for the rest of his life."

I sit back. "So what do you suppose we do go in there and lie for him. Just because he doesn't deserve to go to jail. Dino or Milo didn't deserve to get shot but they did."