Chapter 20 *Lyric's Chapter*

"So y'all just gonna avoid school forever?" I ask Lonnie and Brenden as we all sit in the living room..

"Not really. Just didn't feel like going today." Brenden shrugs.

"I resent that you think that." Lonnie says.

"Well at least I'm honest with my feelings unlike y'all." I say pointing to both of them.

"I'm honest!" Brenden exclaims.

"You're not!" I yell back sarcastically.

"What I'm not honest about?" He asks sitting forward.

"Several things. You still ain't told me about you and Ko." I say to him.

"What is there to say. He broke up with me, and I moved on." He shrugs and sits back.

"Oh honey, that's definitely not the full story. Where does the Jayln boy come in?" I ask him.

"He was a quick fuck is all." Brenden says rubbing his forehead.

"So you cheated on Maeko? Hell, I would've broke up with your ass too." I say shaking my head. " Couldn't be a quick fuck if you keep bringing him around. "

"It wasn't even supposed to happen." He mumbles looking up at the TV.

"Mhm." I say as I look down at my phone noticing a text from Za'nae telling me to call her. I get up from the sofa and go into my room. I immediately dial her number, and wait for her to answer.

"Hey girlie." She says into the phone.

"Hayyy." I hum back to her. " You sound a little happy today. "

"Were you busy?" She asks.

"Nope. I was downstairs talking to Brenden and Lonnie about stuff." I say shrugging. "I always make time for my bitch."

"Oh okay. Girl I had to leave school early today."

"Why?" I ask as I stand up and walk over to my window.

"Because an officer came to question everybody about what happened to Dino and Milo last year. We started off just asking and answering questions then it turned to us against Maeko." She sighs.

"Are y'all good?" I ask. "I know y'all been having problems for a minute now. "

"Yeah. He realized his file was bigger than ours so he thought we had been blaming everything on him." She explains. "Girl I was fed the hell up with the nonsense."

"Were y'all?" I ask curiously.

"No. We just told what happened with all the fights and stuff. You know how everything escalated." She explains.

I walk back over to my bed, and sit down. "Yeah. I know." I say nodding my head as if she could see me.

"Anyways I wanted you to call me because I think that officer may be coming to y'all house next."

My face scrunched up. "What he coming over here for?"

She smacks her lips. "To get a statement duh!"

"I just really want to be done with the bullshit." I groaned.

"I'm thinking this should be a speedy process. We've done most of what we supposed to. It just brings back a lot of bad memories." She says.

"Well..." I cough for a second. "I'll tell him everything I can remember."

"He's gonna give y'all your files to look over and see if you left something out or not. So it'll be easy to recollect." She says and I sigh. "Well this is my sister on the other line so I'll call you back."