Sparkling

Back home, Jieun realised that more and more black suit men surround the house. She carefully went into the house and searched for her parents.

"I wonder where did they go..," She muttered while looking into some of the rooms.

Suddenly, she heard a room with a couple of familiar voices. Fortunately for her, there are no guards outside the room. She pressed her ear against the door and listened intently.

"...Abeoji, what do you mean that she's not safe here?" Her mum asked with concern.

"I want both of you to know that we need to send her far away from here. I've just received that terrorists are on the way here to capture the ones closer to me," Her grandfather explained the situation.

"But abeoji, we all must get out of here to get away from them," Her father said.

"I can't. I'm the president of this country. I can't just leave my country just like that. It's my duty to protect citizens from harm esp. the ones closest to me," Her grandfather told them.

"But abeoji, I don't want you to get hurt. You're my precious family member that I have," Her mum cried.

"Don't worry sweetheart. I'll promiae you that I'll be safe," Her grandfather consoled her mum.

=====================

"....Terrorist...?!" Jieun gulped in fear while widening her eyes.

=====================

That night, in her room, she pondered and walked back and forth. She was thinking whether she should inform Minwoo about the matter.

The next morning, she went to school with a worried look. As she was walking down the hallway of the school, everyone kept looking at her. Just then, Minwoo came over but was stopped by two men back suits.

"Stop. No one should approach Miss Lee at this moment," One of them said.

"But I'm her best friend, Minwoo," Minwoo told them.

They turner to Jieun and she nodded but they did not look convince. One of them took out a list of names from their suit.

"May we check your ID for confirmation?" They asked for his ID.

"Fine," He rolled his eyes and gave it to them.

They checked and looked at each other and gave a nod.

=====================

After checking, Minwoo walked with Jieun to the cafeteria for light breakfast since Minwoo hadn't eat his. The two men with black suits walked behind them which attract a lot of attention.

Just then, she saw Suho stopped a few metres from her and she too stopped. The two men who saw the situation, quickly stood in front of her and interrogate him.

"Who are you?" One of them asked.

"I..'m her..," Suho slightly looked at Jieun and completed his sentence,"classmate."

"Is that true, Miss Lee?" They turned to Jieun.

She nodded and they asked again,"Do you have any issues with Miss Lee?"

"Ah..no..it's just that..," Suho said while looking at her then back to the two men.

"Just what?" They asked sternly.

"Nothing. I'll see you in class," Suho sighed and walked off.

Jieun just watched him walking off and wondered what he wanted to say. Minwoo nudged her elbow as she was staring in blank space,"You okay?"

She turned to him and gave him a fake smile to let him not to worry.

=====================

Many days flew by. Over time, more and more people got friendlier with Jieun after they knew her position. Some took advantage of her like asking her grandfather to open up a cafe in school for convenience.

"I don't think he will agree to that," Jieun told them.

"Just persuade him. You're his granddaughter. I'm sure he's -,"

Just then, Minwoo came over to her from the back and put his arm on her shoulder,"Hey ladies. If you girls don't mind, we need to head off to someplace. Right, Jieun ah?"

Minwoo turned to her and gave a hinted wink. Jieun gave a slight nod and off they went.

"Thanks for saving me," Jieun heaved a sigh of relief.

"They are too much. They are just taking advantage of you eversince they knew who you are," Minwoo said.

"So where are we going?" Jieun asked.

"Somewhere," He smiled and led the way.

Just before they reached the place, Minwoo turned to her and asked her to close her eyes.

"No peeking," Minwoo said while holding her hand.

"Where are you taking me?" Jieun felt curious.

After a few minutes, they stopped and Minwoo asked her to open her eyes. She slowly opened and fake white snow came floating the place where they stood. Her face lit up and put her hand out a little. A drop of fake white snow landed on her hand. In front of her, there were colourful lights lighting up the place.

"Minwoo ah, did..you do all of this?" Jieun was mesmerised by the place.

"You like it?" Minwoo asked.

"I love it," Jieun smiled widely.

"And I'm sure you like this too," He snapped his finger and several fireworks which made her eyes sparkled. Then, she saw some words were made by the fireworks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIEUN!

BE BEAUTIFUL ALWAYS ;D

She totally forgotten about her birthday after the hiatus of what's been happening the recent days. She felt touched and without hesitation, she gave a peck of kiss on his cheek as a form of thank you. Minwoo was stunned and froze by the sudden peck of kiss. His heart started to beat fast.

"Minwoo ah, gomayo. I totally forgot about my birthday. This is the best gift ever," She said while admiring the fireworks.

"Jieun ah," He called her name.

"Wae?" She asked.

As she turned her head towards him, he quickly crashed his lips to hers. Jieun widened her eyes by the sudden kiss but this time, she returned her kiss. Minwoo put his hands on her hips while she naturally put her hands on his neck.

Then, at the same time, both of them break the kiss and looked at each other. They smiled and giggled.