Stabbed back

Suho sent Jieun home and they did not say anything in the car until they almost reached her home. She alighted from his car and thanked him for sending her home.

"Are you sure you're okay? Do you want me to stay with you for a while?" Suho sounded worried.

"I'm okay. You should head home now. It's getting late," Jieun gave a reassuring smile.

"...Okay. Anything just call me," Suho said to her.

She nodded and waved goodbye while going inside her home. Suho decided to stay up until her lights from her room had switched off. When he saw that the lights had switched off, he drove off.

Meanwhile, Jieun heard that his car had drove off from her room. She switched on the lights back and opened her laptop. She opened the "Family" folder and looked through the pictures of her family and the past pictures that were taken with Minwoo. Tears started to fall down her cheeks again as she started to reminisce back.

A few years before -

After Minwoo and his family left overseas, Jieun had been staying silent and had no appetite to eat. Her mom and her dad were worried for her. Her parents decided to call to get a family doctor to check on her. The doctor prescribed a medicine and ensure she eats them twice a week till she recovers. Just then, her dad's phone rang and there seemed a serious problem at work. Her mom decided to follow her dad since Jieun had fallen asleep after taking the medication.

An hour later, her phone rang and she groggily answered. Then, her eyes slowly widened and sat up straight. After she hung up, she went to flag a cab to the hospital. Upon reaching the hospital, she went to the emergency room. She waited anxiously till the doctor came out. After a few hours, the doctor came out and Jieun approached him.

"H..How's my parents?" She asked with a worried look.

"I'm sorry...The only thing that you can do is to be strong with what I'm about to say..," The doctor placed his hand on her shoulder while telling her about the situation.

The next day, a funeral was set up. Jieun who was wearing a black dress with a small white ribbon on her hair, was looking dazed and weak while her relatives and her parents' friends pay their respect. Suho and his members visited her once they heard what had happened to her.

"Suho hyung, we'll be waiting for you outside,"Kai said.

Suho nodded and slowly approached Jieun.

"Jieun shii..," Suho called her name but she just stared to the front vacantly.

Suho embraced her gently and said some encouraging words. Upon hearing that, Jieun started to weep and tears started to fall down her cheeks. Suho rubbed her upper back and comforted her while murmuring,"There,there...Everything will be okay."

=====================

For the next few days, Jieun had not been going to school. She just stared blankly outside the window while sitting on the edge of the bed. Sometimes, her tears would suddenly fall down.

When Jay's parents heard about Jieun's condition, they asked Jay to visit her to cheer her up. Jay came to her house with the help of her maid and went into her room. He saw Jieun sitting by the window. He decided to speak up.

"Let bygones be bygones. Why are you doing this to yourself? Just let it go. Crying won't get your parents come back. Why don't we go to club to enjoy ourselves? It will be so much fun," Jay suggested.

Jieun just stayed silent which made him frustrated.

"Yah, can't you say something?" Jay asked.

"...Get out..," Jieun said in a weak tone.

"Yah. I'm here to cheer you up because of who? Because of my parents. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here. I have other things to do than to just stay here. FYI, I wasn't even the tiniest bit interested in you. This engagement thing was all my dad's plan to have all your inheritance especially your dad's business...which my dad had already taken that over with your dad's help," Jay snickered while standing in front of her.

She slowly clenched her fist and Jay brought his face towards hers and said,"And slowly..you'll be nothing..Who knows..you'll be thrown out from this house.."

Upon hearing that, one of her hands flown towards his cheek and he felt great pain from her slap. He looked at her while putting his hand on his red cheek and saw her eyes, showing her anger.

"Get out or I'll call the police that you are harrassing me," Jieun said in an anger tone.

"Slapping me was a huge mistake...," Jay looked at her sharply and stormed off.

Jieun looked out of the window again and tried to hold in her tears.

=====================

- Now -

Jieun wiped her tears after reminiscing and looked at her parents' photo and said,"I promise I will get the house back. Just need to hold on for a little longer."

The house had taken over by Jay's family as her dad had entrusted Jay's dad to take care of her and all thr inheritance if they're gone. Unfortunately, Jieun was kicked out without prior notice when she noticed her belongings outside the house. She knew this was going to happen so without any arguments, she walked away and decided to find a studio house for the time being.