In The House of Lord Glorfindel

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted you to know that while I don't update every day, I still write something for this fic each night. I've got the main climax chapters and one part of the ending done, plus I've started one of the two sequels. Enjoy this chapter though, it'll have to tide you over!

"He's so... tall," Elfwine murmured to Edeva as they lay in beds in the room Glorfindel had shown them to.

"He's an elf, a full blooded elf," Barahir pointed out as he rolled over in bed. "Of course he's tall."

Elfwine lay awake in the dark room. He huffed. Why did his cousin have to be right? All the time? He stared up at the ceiling. In the room were he, his sister, Barahir, and Finduilas.

"Edeva?" He whispered again.

She groaned. "What?"

"Do you think Glorfindel can heal Fëalas?"

"I don't know," she sighed deeply.

A few moments of silence passed before he spoke up again, much to the exasperation of the others. Except Finduilas. She was sound asleep.

He began again. "Edeva?"

"Go to bed, Elfwine," Barahir hissed in irritation.

Meanwhile, Aderthon, Eldarion, Elboron, and Círeth were all wide awake in another room not far away. Though each was certainly awake, they all remained silent, listening instead to their own thoughts. The foremost of the group was using all his strength to not jump up and pace. He knew Glorfindel was with Fëalas. But he could hear her screams deep in his mind and it plagued him. He could not rest.

Elboron acutely sensed his beating heart. He could hear it in his ears and feel it in his chest. Rapidly now, faster and faster. Finally he took a deep breath in, calming himself. Was Fëalas alright? Would she be cured? He found himself wondering these things, mulling them over and over in his head.

Across from him, Círeth was silently crying. Her tears were more found of fear than sadness. Her sister's life hung in the balance; there was nothing she could do about it. She wanted to hug Fëalas, to comfort her. But she could not. For all the hard exterior Círeth put up, she loved her twin. They had helped each other through thick and thin, and now there was a good chance she would be the only redhead left in the House of Fëanoriel.

Eldarion's mind was wrapped up in all sorts of dark thoughts. In his head he saw the deaths of his friends happening before his eyes. It was only going to start with Fëalas; it was going to get worse. He didn't know how or when, but things were bound to decline even further.

By the morning in the Last Homely House, Glorfindel was kneeling beside an unconscious Fëalas. He had placed her in an induced sleep to help the healing process. He strove with her mind, did his best to patch together the broken parts and drive out the disease. With the help of athelas and waters of Rivendell, he had calmed her into a sleep, though he had a bite mark and clawed skin to prove his struggle with the girl.

He had high hopes she would be cured. But now he had more important matters to attend to. He rose from his position next to Fëalas and pulled the white covers up over her. Laying his hand upon her forehead, he said a silent blessing and smiled softly. He pushed her deep red hair from her face and couldn't help but remember the red headed twin sons of Fëanor. From what he knew of Cireth and Fëalas, they were similar to Amrod and Amras of old. Hunters, protectors. Lovers of the wild. It was a pity that the wild betrayed them this time.

Glorfindel left the room and slowly shut the door. Most of the Homely House, including the Library of Elrond and the healing rooms, were still well kept. Glorfindel made sure of it. He walked down some stairs and into a room where he'd asked the other eight to congregate in the morning. There he found Eldarion, Aderthon, Elboron, Cireth, Finduilas, Barahir, Edeva, and Elfwine all together. As soon as he entered, Aderthon and Cireth rushed him.

"How is she?" asked Aderthon, the only question on his heart.

Glorfindel smiled softly. "You reached here in time. She will live, and there should be no lasting effects."

The panic level in the entire room diminished and soon Glorfindel was faced with other, less pressing questions. From Edeva he received questions on the history of Rivendell. From Elfwine, questions of the banners and sigils around him. Elboron wanted to know if the famed Library of Elrond was still around. Cireth begged to know if there were any elven weapons left. Patiently he answered their questions, and in the end he told them they would be best served by exploring the Valley themselves.

"I shall take any who wish to see it to the library, and then to the room that Miril once lived in. Perhaps that would interest some of you?" Glorfindel smiled at the reactions of the children of Elrohir.

Edeva, Elfwine, Finduilas, and Barahir went off on their own to explore the outside of the Valley. They wished to see the beautiful architecture and the flowing waters. But the other four remained with Lord Glorfindel. By his side they walked, taking in his every word. When at last they reached Elrond's Library, Glorfindel pushed the doors open and they walked inside. It was magnificent. Two levels tall, floor to ceiling with books, white and gold and blue accents everywhere. The books were all different, but none less beautiful than its neighbor. Instantly, though, Aderthon was drawn to a dark blue covered book with a star on the front.

Glorfindel laughed. "Truly you are a son of Miril Fëanoriel!"

They looked at him in confusion. What did he mean?

"That was the book your mother was most fond of, Aderthon." Glorfindel took it from him and opened to a passage. "She loved reading about the Princes and Ladies of the Eldar. The history of the elves, your history, her history. Even before she knew she was descended from one of those great princes of the eldar, she was fascinated by them."

Aderthon and Cireth both smiled. They loved their mother, and could not wait to hear more about her time in Rivendell from Glorfindel.

"Here," said the elf lord, handing Aderthon the blue book. "Keep it. It is yours now."