Chapter 8

*NEXT MORNING*

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of my alarm clock going off. My body felt weak still from jetlag and moving all the furniture around to settle in.

I didn't really talk to Robert yesterday. And then again, I hardly ever do because I'm still not that comfortable around him. I can tell Niall feels the same way but he's more closed up about it, about his feelings. But I'm glad he's starting to make more progress towards his attitude. He hasn't been putting much effort into it lately but he's improved from saying a few words to me, to almost a full conversation.

So life here in Springfield has really changed how things usually are for me and everyone has been so welcoming to us so far. Well, all but one... Harry.

I really don't know what his deal is but he better not take it out on me. The incident  that happened yesterday in the bathroom was not something he should be mad about, that's my job. But no matter how many times it crosses my mind, I'm not letting it bother me. I'm not going to let a guy I don't even know make me even more nervous than I already am on my first day on a new school.

Which reminds me, I better get moving!

Jumping out of bed, I walked up my bedroom door and opened it just enough for me to walk out of. I crossed the hall and moved a little bit further to my left to enter the bathroom.

Today is my first day and I'm going to make a good impression for myself. I have no idea what the people here are going to be like when they find out I come from higher class and ended up here. It's those kinds of thoughts that makes me scared, and I know it's stupid and I should've gotten over that already but I couldn't help it. It's something I've been through a lot and it hurts me because it has always been the same mean people who tell me the same thing.

My thoughts were immediately interrupted as I heard a soft knock against the bathroom door. My instant reaction was to look down at myself, still fearful of what happened last time.

"Is someone in the bathroom?" A rough Irish accent spoke.

Niall.

"Yes." I talked back through the wood.

"Alright, hurry in there, Leah." He called out.

Sharing one bathroom was still new to us but we were making the best of it.

I turned back around and started to strip off my pajamas. A nice shower would do good right now.

***

Stepping out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body, I sprinted up to my bedroom; cautious that no one saw me. I closed the door and immediately locked it. I need to get used to the idea that I'm not living with my Mom anymore and things are going to be different living with a father.

My feet carried me up to my closet where my hands started to fiddle through the clothes.

Moments later after I spent them searching for the perfect outfit, I finally found something close to it.

The weather outside wasn't looking so pretty. Grey clouds filled up the sky as if it was about to rain later on and I expect the weather to be a bit chilly. So I picked out a pair of jeans with a grey tank top and a cozy white sweater to go with the look. I finally finished off by putting on my combat boots and heading over to do my hair and makeup.

Looking over to my nightstand, I looked at my alarm clock; a time that read 7:00am. Okay, school starts at 8 so I still have enough time to spare if I work faster.

I left my hair alone in its natural waves and applied a minimum amount of makeup. After all, it is going to rain; another thing I have to get used to.