Chapter 26

Harry's Point of View:

Running a hand frustratingly through my hair, I bit down of my lip, keeping myself from spiraling out of control and breaking things.

I couldn't believe we could've been so careless in having someone see us kill someone. I've always been careful with what I did. Well, until tonight. I can't believe this has happened again, even after we were positive we wouldn't let anyone else catch us. Matt is going to be really angry, well, he already is; always is actually. I never messed up--twice! And it's eating me alive. Not to mention, it just had to be our boss's curious daughter. I can't lose this job, I can't lose Robert's trust. He's a huge part in all of this, and I'm not risking going to jail.

What if it would've been a cop walking through the forest instead of Leah. I'm tired of always warning her about staying away from me, staying away from that collage. Bad things go down there, and now especially since now all us guys will be attending the same university. All except for Matt, of course. Once a high school dropout, always a high school dropout. Now, I don't know anything about Matt other than the fact he hates me. He never liked me to begin with, I got in because my cousin talked good things about me. Though, he still let me join and comes whenever I need him. I don't know why but Louis says it only because we're all basically like a family now. Obviously he doesn't know what it's like from my perspective.

I couldn't think about what could've happened to us. All I could think about, actually, is what I was going to do with Leah and what can change the guys mind towards me.

So there I sat, in the center of the couch, fist balled up against my mouth as I stared down at the tape recorder in the coffee table in front of me. Should I show them what I got out of her? I mean they won't leave her alone, even after I said they would. I figured it might calm her down into speaking more. The truth is, I don't want to get her in this shit hole of a mess, it's too risky. I don't know her story but I'm sure she doesn't deserve this. She saw too much. Period. We can't just leave it like that. Maybe if I tell them she really didn't see anything and maybe find a way to prove it, they might just leave it alone. They might at least just leave her alone! It's all I want, for things to go back to normal.

I picked up the tape recorder, fisting it tightly in my grip so that anger can be taken out on it instead of my Aunt's priceless housing decorations. I know how much she loves those and she'll sure know I was definitely here at some point. My feet heavily walked me toward the chimney in the house's library. I quickly turned on the fire, waiting until it was just right to launch the recorder in. I watched it burn, finding no peace in mind of what I was doing. I messed up once, and then I messed up twice. Now I messed up again and I just can't think straight anymore.

I don't think Leah is stupid enough to say anything, though. She's nuts too. All she was worried about the entire ride was her father. I mean she said she broke his rule to not leave the house to find her brother who also wasn't suppose to leave. What do you think Robert will say once she tells him about us, she'll expose herself right there an then. Besides, she looks a chick who would do anything to save her brother's ass. 

The room was quiet. Sounds of the flicking fire going on in front of me was the only thing heard. That is until.. The house phone by Marco's desk sounded.

I raised up to it, hoping it didn't alert anyone when doing so. I picked it up just before the third ring, holding the old modeled black telephone up against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Harry. Are you home?" A voice fairly familiar to Scott's sounded. He was worried, concerned too.

"What's wrong?" I asked, choosing to ignore his question.

"Look, do you still have the girl in your flat?" He asked.