Chapter 23

Hey, sorry for all  the boring chapters at first. But I can promise you they're getting more exciting from now on. Please help me spread the word and thank you for reading up to here c: you'll understand later on why I did what I did.  xoxo

This can't be happening. Niall, run away? He's at that party, I know it. I have to get him, he wasn't right when he came home. What if he does something stupid? I wouldn't doubt that for a second, he's Niall.

How will I leave? Robert can't see me leave or he'll ask me where I'm going. No matter how much I want to, I can't tell him. He'll just get even angrier with Niall and he might just leave again. Maybe this time, not come back. There's only one thing left to do.. Sneak out.

Rushing to my closet, I quickly stripped out of the clothes I was wearing to put on something more appropriate to leave the house in where there'll be nothing but drunk and horny teenage boys. Pushing past everything inside, I pulled out a pair of jeans and a sweater with maroon and white stripes going across it. My look was topped off with my black boots and before I knew it, I was already grabbing my phone. I have no idea how I'm going to get there. I thought about calling Liam but he's done so much for me already and I wouldn't dream of disturbing him again. I guess this means I'm walking.

My feet sprinted towards my bed, messing the sheets to make it seem as if I was sleeping. It actually worked one time, with my Mom when I was in Switzerland. Of course, I didn't run away, I was only in the backyard with some friends and it was a joke. All I'm praying for is that everything goes okay, at least until I get back. Once done with the sheets, I turned off my lamp and hurried over to my balcony. The doors were swung open to feel a cool night breeze hit my body and blow my long black hair behind my shoulders. I couldn't believe I was about to leave the circumference of Robert's safe home to go get my runaway older brother in a town I don't even know yet. But it was all worth it, definitely worth it. Gently, I closed the doors behind me before crossing over to the other side of the railing. My grip on the handle got tighter as I looked down at the drive in of the front of the house beneath me. I took a deep breath before letting go, closing my eyes as the gravity pulled me down to the ground. The exultation I felt once I landed only reminded me of what I was just doing. How is his going to prove the good daughter I was trying to be  to Robert? Nothing, exactly.

I got up on my feet, running straight out of the driveway and out to the empty streets. It was pitch dark outside, if it wasn't for the light poles on each side of the road, I could've been lost in seconds. Making my way own these empty streets, I crossed the lanes, keeping my eyes on the road while fixing my hair which got messed up in the fall. I remember overhearing Ivy say something about that party being right in this block. Hopefully she just wasn't saying that to get e to go but then again, how hard can it be to find a house party?

I started scrolling through my phone, checking out to see if anyone posted any pictures of the party with any sign of Niall in the background. Anything was everything right now. I tried calling but that wasn't any use so I gave up on that anyways.

Nothing ever showed up and soon enough, I found myself standing in front of the senior party the entire high school has been talking about ever since I got there. I really don't know what all the buzz was about, it seemed pretty simple with really loud music and of course, the different teens doing all kinds of stuff. Already, I was outside and some of them were sucking their faces out. What in the world does Niall find entertaining about this?

I sighed, remembering what I was here for and took a step forward into the area of the mansion type house. My feet moved up the first few steps and down the concrete hallway. Everyone I knew and didn't were having a great time, by the looks of it? They were laughing, talking, drinking, and dancing. I scarcely made it past the crowd of people trying to find any sign of Niall.