Chapter 40

We made a stop in front of a house that Harry took me before. It was the night his group caught me lurking in on them. The night Makayla was here. This was his Aunt's house. Either way, I'm just glad we're away from everything.

My car door was opened from the other side, Harry waiting for me to get out. I did shortly afterwards, having the cool night breeze hit me when I did. It was cold, Harry noticed that. He handed me his coat afterwards before locking the car doors with his key.

"I just need to get something." He explained.

I still didn't say a word, the whole car ride I didn't say a word. It was all thoughts. Thoughts about what happened in there. Either way, I'm glad I left.

Harry's phone rang as we walked up the front entrance of the warehouse. I was relieved after I saw him quickly hang it up. Who knows what they could've wanted this late.

The front door of the house was unlocked and then opened. It's scary how everything looked the same, as if nothing was ever touched. Then I remembered, I never asked about his Aunt. Where was she the night we basically broke in?

I held my thoughts aside as Harry entered the house. I waited for him besides the closed door as he made his way up the house stairs, turning on every light on the way.

It was then my phone rang. I didn't have to wonder who it was because the answer was obvious that was Robert. My finger quickly hit ignore. I bet he wants me to come back or at least know where I am. If it wasn't for his horrible parenting skills, everything could've been going all according to plan.

"What on Earth?" A woman's voice ringed in my ear. I was so concentrated on my anger with Robert that I didn't even notice the front door open besides me.

I backed away immediately, eyes widened as my mouth troubled to speak some words, any words.

The lady had behind her a suitcase and a man. They entered and looked around the place, asking me mount loads of questions that I couldn't seem too answer.

"Aunt Claire!" I heard Harry's voice call out from the top of the stairs with a new object in his hands. He too was in shock.

"Harry?" She was still confused. "Is that you? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." He rose an eyebrow, coming down the stairs to stop in front of the man and woman who now had closed the front door.

"I live here." She stated smartly. "And so did you before you started running away."

"Were you looking for money, son?" The man laughed. "Tell me, what kind of trouble are you in now?"

"I'm not your son.. Ben." He pinned his eyes back at him. "And I wouldn't need your money if it as the last thing I could live on."

"Harry!" His Aunt exclaimed.

I looked over to the man and woman still standing besides me. Their faces didn't seem so friendly, at least the man's.

The woman that I now know as Harry's Aunt Claire turned back to look at me. Face dwelling over my appearance before turning back to her nephew.

"Edward.. If you were thinking about--

"NO!" Harry called out, finishing his flight of stairs. "And stop calling me that! It's not my name."

His Aunt sighed. The Uncle deciding to take place in the conversation.

"Your Aunt asked you a question." He stated.

I saw Harry's jaw tense up, eyes becoming dark as he walked up to his Uncle. Already feeling infuriated, he released his anger.

"My life isn't any of your fucking business so I suggest you stay out of it." He almost growled.