2.5

I don't know how long I sat on that bench but eventually, someone sat down beside me. 

"You look sad. What's on your mind?" The stranger asked me. I turned my head to face them. It was a girl with really short, curly hair, big hipster classes, black combat boots, maroon pants, an Asking Alexandria shirts, and a leather jacket on.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked her after a few seconds of silence.

"Do you see anyone else around?" She asked me. 

"I guess not." I sighed. "I think my boyfriend just broke up with me and now I'm stuck in the middle of a state that's across the country from my family." I told this girl.

"Yikes. That's harsh. What happened?" She asked. I appreciate that she left out the 'you're gay' statement.

"I really don't want to go into detail. It hurts too much." I whispered.

"Understandable." She said, shrugging it off. "How long have you been sitting here?" She asked and I shrug.

"My phone died. I don't know the time." I told her. 

"I have a portable charger. Will it fit in this?" She asked, pulling out an iPhone chord. I nod and she hands the chord to me. I put my phone on the charger and set it back down on the bench.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Morgan. You?" She replied.

"Kellin." I told her. 

"Unique name." She commented.  

"Yeah." I agreed. She leaned back on the bench and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. 

"Want one?" She asked, taking two out of the pack. 

"I've never," I trialed off. 

"So?" She said, putting one of them between her lips and lighting it. I thought for a moment before taking the cancer stick. Morgan looked at me with a shocked expression before helping me light it. 

I inhaled the smoke and immediately start coughing. 

"That's how you know you did it right." Morgan told me, blowing smoke out of her mouth. 

"How even old are you?" I asked her, putting out the cigarette because I'm never going to do that again. 

"Just turned eighteen yesterday." She told me. "You?" She asked.

"Sixteen." I muttered. 

"I had my first cigarette when I was sixteen. I had the same reaction as you did but I kept going." She explained, putting her cigarette out as well then stood up. "Wanna come over to my place and hang out?" She asked.

"I barely know you." I pointed out. 

"Sure you do." She said. I look at her for a few seconds before sighing and standing up.

"Might as well. It's not like I have anywhere else to go." I said, grabbing my phone, realizing it finally turned on. I noticed I had like fifteen missed calls, ten voicemails, and twenty texts. I shoved it into my pocket, deciding to go through everything later.

"That's the spirit." Morgan shouted, leading the way to her house. 

From what I learned, she lives with her older sister. She originally lived in Pennsylvania but her dad had kicked her out so she moved down here at the age of sixteen. At the time, her sister just recently moved into a two roomed apartment.

Eventually, I told her what happened with Vic and I and it looks like she's going to murder someone. She wants me to take her to him later, but I don't think I'll be able to face him again. But I know I'll need to if I want to get home.