0.6

Once I got home from Alex's, I found out that Kailey and Kelsey were both grounded which meant both of them got their phones taken way. Kelsey couldn't hang out with her friends and Kailey couldn't play our Xbox. Kelsey had asked me to text her friends to tell them what happened. The only one who answered was Vic.

"How long are you grounded for?" I asked Kailey while we were filing laundry.

"Two weeks." She said.

"Better than three." Kelsey said while she was doing the dishes.

Since there was a small window in between the laundry room and kitchen, Kelsey could hear everything we were saying and vice versa.

Right now, my parents were out buying food for dinner because I guess we were having guests. They wouldn't tell us who it was, though.

Just as Kailey and Kelsey finished their chores, the front door was being opened.

"You guys finish your chores?" I heard my mom shout.

We said yes at the same time then walked to where they were.

"Great. Now, I'd like to have dinner at least started before our guests get here. Kailey, Kelsey, you two got up to your rooms." She said to my sisters then turned to me. "You're gonna help me prepare everything."

Kailey and Kelsey let out groans while, for once, I was okay with what I was doing.

"Save it ladies." My dad said, walking through the front door with a few bags of groceries.

My mom and I walked into the kitchen and started getting everything ready.

"Are you going to tell me who's coming over?" I asked her.

"The Fuentes'. The only reason I didn't talk any of you was because I didn't want your sister thinking she's off her sentence. Vic and his brother will just hang out with you and your sister." She explained. "Speaking of Vic, do you have the hots for him?" She asked, causing my face to go a little hot.

"I-I don't know." I told her honestly.

"Oh, well, I'm just saying, I don't care if you go after him, it's your sister you might want to watch out for." She said.

"I know. That's why I'm trying not to go after him." I told her. "I don't want her to hate me more than she already does." I added quietly.

"Your sister does not hate you. She's just a teenage girl, it happens." My mom said, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Now, go set the table." She playfully shoved me towards the dinning room. I laughed and grabbed some plates and silver ware.

I was surprised to see we had just enough chairs for everyone to sit at. I guess I never really noticed the extra chairs.

Just as I finished, the doorbell rang and my mom asked if I could get it. I walked over to it and opened the door, revealing the Fuentes clan.

"Hello." I said, moving to the side and opening the door more so they can come in.

"Hello to you too." Vivian greeted.

"My parents are in the kitchen if you want to go talk to them." I told them. Vivian and Victor nodded and headed that way. "And, um, Kels isn't allowed to hang out with you until dinner so if you want to hang out with Kailey and I, that's fine." I explained.