Chapter 12 Breaking down

As 2011 and Moiras pregnancy progressed, The bartons feud with Declan had reached its peak and as Moira got bigger she began to feel insecure about herself and the fact that John worked alot didnt help.

One evening, Moira, who had dressed in a gorgeous blue dress and had her hair done perfectly, was waiting for John to come home from the farm. For some reason she felt very frisky and was keen to get John into bed, plus she had heard that sex whilst pregnant was good for the baby.
"Whats good for mummy is good for baby, the postman always rings twice", she mumbled to herself with a smile as she looked at the clock.
Still no sign of John.
Where was he?
Moira was getting frustrated now. It had been ages since he had promised to return home and now she had felt stood up. She decided to go look for him. Grabbing her leather jacket, she headed out the house.

Walking up the gravelled path, she looked over the fields for John and got fustrated after all the effort she put in. She made her way to the garage and opened the door.

Cain was in there working on a car that had arrived that morning. He grinned when he saw Moira,
"You look nice." He remarked and Moira rolled her eyes.
"Cheers for the compliment, have you seen John?" She asked, her hand on her hips. Cain stopped working,
"No i havent." He said as he approached Moira. Moira wondered what he was doing.
"I do like women like you, they need all the attention in the world." He said and Moira swallowed. She found herself being drawn to him and before she knew it they were kissing before sleeping together.
Moira instantly felt guilty and dashed out of the garage.

Somehow she found herself having an affair with Cain that though was brief, it would aurely bring about trouble.

It did.

John eventually found out about the affair and it destroyed him knowing another man had taken his lady in that way.

Despite trying to make things work, Jphn couldnt get that image out of his head and doon there was talk of divorce. Moira was so distraught that she started not eating properly and when John was wrongfully arrested for Cains attempted murder, Moira blamed herself.

Moira started falling ill regularly and she was put in hospital twice and what was more devastating was the fact that John barely acknowledged their unborn baby referring to the baby as "that thing". Moira knew what she had done was wrong but she couldnt believe that John was being hurtful about the baby.

The split, however wouldnt last long.