Chapter Fourteen

Louis' POV:

I sat at the table with my plate full of food, Niall and Harry sat at the island in the kitchen. The dining room and kitchen were connected, so we were technically all eating together.

I really enjoyed the Victorian feel of her home rather than the more modern feel of mine. I looked around the ivory and black themed dining room. I smiled as I shoveled a bite of rice in my mouth.

Zoe was sitting right next to Honesty, and I sat on the other side of her. We all ate contently, and we all agreed it was the best Chinese food ever.

Honesty sat back in her chair, and rubbed her belly.

"Look! I'm Santa! Ho ho ho!" She chuckled in a deep voice. I chuckled too, watching her.

"Christmas is only a month away, are you excited?" I asked.

"My birthday is Christmas Eve!" She squealed. I sat up straighter, how odd is that?

"Me too." I smiled. Zoe looked uncomfortable. Liam shifted in his seat beside me, and I looked at him. He was being awfully creepy today.

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked him in a hushed. Liam looked at Zoe, and looked at Honesty.

"I don't like her." He mumbled.

"Why?" I asked defensively. Liam shrugged, and ate more of his food. I rolled my eyes at him, and looked out the window. The sky was starting to dim, and I realized I've been here all day.

"Zoe, did you go to the store like I asked?" Melody asked, walking into the kitchen while eating chicken on a stick. Zoe groaned, and shook her head. Melody frowned, and narrowed her eyes.

"Has Louis been over here all day?" She asked. I snickered a bit at Zoe getting scolded.

"Yeah?" She said slowly.

"So Louis kept you from not going to the grocery store for me?" She asked.

"Mom, I'll go right now. I'll only be gone a few minutes." Zoe said, leaning on the table.

"Fine, I'll make you a list real fast." Melody agreed. She scurried out the room, and I laughed at Zoe.

"Don't laugh so soon, Lou. You're coming with me." Zoe growled. My face paled at her glare.

"It's not my fault! I told you you had to go!" I defended. The corner of her mouth twitched a bit, and she ate some more of her food. Her plate was near empty now.

"Okay, here." Melody said, returning with a crisp piece of paper. Zoe sighed, and walked up the stairs. I supposed she was changing?

She returned with her hair redone in a messy ponytail, and black thick framed glasses.

"Why'd you take out your contacts?" I asked, putting our plates in the sink like Melody instructed.

"Because my eyes were itching. C'mon, let's get this over with." She said.

"Honesty!" She yelled.

"Can I please stay here with Haley?" She begged, coming from the kitchen. Zoe's features softened, and she nodded.

I opened the front door for her as we advanced on it.

She smiled and thanked me. When we stepped out in the cold, I slid on my gray beanie and she pulled on her black leather jacket. The air was ice cold, and sounded like it was howling. I shivered as I pulled open the door to my silver car. Zoe rounded the car and did the same thing.

I put the heat on full blast, and Zoe adjusted the vents to her liking. We rode in silence, and I couldn't help but glance at her at times. I turned up the radio a bit to take my mind off of her.