Chapter Eighteen

Zoe's POV:

I woke up with a heavy weight on my chest. My bed also felt smaller... My suede bed?

I peeled my eyelids open, and gasped when a high ceiling came into view. I looked down, and Louis was asleep with his head on my chest.

I groaned, and moved his big head.

"Louis! Why did you let me go to sleep?" I asked frantically, and grabbed my phone. I groaned loudly when it was dead.

I heard sizzling in the kitchen, and I was almost afraid to go in there from embarrassment. I was dressed decent, but my hair probably resembled a haystack.

I decided to push my embarrassment behind me, and pad into the kitchen.

"Zoe?" Liam asked when he heard footsteps.

"Hi." I said sheepishly.

"Where did you sleep last night?" He asked.

"On the couch with Louis. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to even fall asleep. Lord knows what my Mama thinks. Oh my god, Honesty. Can I borrow your phone?" I breathed.

"Don't sneak away from me while I'm asleep, Zoe." Louis came up behind me and whispered in my ear. His hot breath lingered on my skin even after he moved away. I felt myself blush, and I had to look away.

Louis was bare chested somehow and his hair was beautifully ruffled. He was digging in the fridge and his shoulder blades moved graciously under his skin as he looked for something.

Liam placed the food he was cooking on a plate with a paper napkin.

I heard somebody fall down on the stone floor, and by the whine I would guess it was Harry.

"Guys, have you seen my pants?" Harry said, walking into the kitchen in nothing but his boxers.

"Oh my god!" I squealed.

"Why is a girl here?!" He yelled, running back up the stairs.

I double over on the counter laughing at his frantic state.

"He's so strange." Louis laughed, sitting a plate filled with greasy breakfast in front of me. I thanked him, and ate some sausage with my fingers.

Liam laid a silver fork in front of me without a word, and I took it without looking up.

"Thank you for cooking this, Liam." I smiled.

"I made it for the boys, but you're welcome." He rudely said. I cleared my throat, and slowly slid off the barstool I had perched myself on.

I walked into the living room, grabbing my purse, and walked out the front door while sliding on my shoes.

"Zoe!" Louis called. I remembered I had no way of transportation, so I stopped.

"Yeah?" I asked, hiding my embarrassed feelings.

"Why are you leaving?" He asked.

"I don't think Liam likes me very much." I whispered. Louis frowned, and cupped my cheek. His hand was very warm compared to my already cold face.

"Come back inside, yeah?" He smiled.

"I gotta get home to Honesty soon, Lou." I frowned.

"Just finish your breakfast, please." He said, his lips still slightly upturned. I shrugged, and nodded. He led me back in the house by the small of my back, and I didn't meet Liam's gaze when I continued to munch on my food.

"Lou, look at this." Harry said, returning with pants on his legs and a laptop in his hands.

His worried eyes met Louis' and shifted to mine. Louis sat beside him as he sat the laptop on the marble counter.