Hero or Villian

↑Undyne boss theme genocide

«Trust is valuable, for it is often mistrust that you get.»

"I BELIEVE IN YOU! EVEN IF YOU DON'T..."

Crushing his skull...it felt so easy. But...still...was it too easy? Too easy to kill? Too easy to destroy another one's life? To get to the end...would I have to kill everyone I meet?

Hollow, I recall the words I once spoke to Astriel: "Turn into a killing machine like you? Kill everyone in my path?"

Get out of my head, conscience.

I hear another rustling. I turn around..to late. My heart pounds, as a blazing spear points straight at my heart, so close that I can almost feel the wave of anger and disdain emanating from the knight in gray. Her armour's a dull scraped rock like gray, and it's torn and broken in many places.

"What. Did. You. Do. To. Him."

Her eyes are a blur of an intense blue, and they glare at me with a mixture of fury...and grief. "YOU KILLED HIM, DIDN'T YOU!"

Her gaze falls on the pile of dust on the floor, where it's being slowly blown away by a gentle wind. Trees shake and shiver as the breeze strengthens, and now, the only thing left is a bright scarlet scarf. While she's distracted, I duck under the spear and take the advantage, changing at her. She recovers in time, bringing her spear up to meet my knife in a clash of metal against metal. Sparks fly and the knight whirls around, dodging my attack with practiced ease.

Coldly, I ponder. She's a lot more stronger and faster than Papyrus. She knows how to fight well and is grieving over Papyrus's death. This is something I can use.

"You sure are a lot better than Papyrus was."

That simple statement stung. She reeled back, and I slashed at her, nimbly darting away as she counter-attacked. "HOW DARE YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Teasing her, I slashed playfully at her back, ducking as she brandished her spear menacingly at me. She stops and thrusts her spear at me, but it misses. Another blazing spear appear immediately in her hand, and she points it at me, threatening, "You have no right to kill Papyrus...I used to think that huamns were compassionate. Papyrus tried to convince me...BUT YOU?"

In her fit of fury, she conjured many blazing spears that blaze with cold anger, an icy blue, jus like her eyes. "You're a remorseless criminal. You killed him. You wander around attacking anyone in your path. Self-defense? Please. You killed them because it was easy. Because it was fun. And I, Undyne, SWEAR THAT I WILL MURDER YOU!"

Undyne brings down her hand and the sore fly towards me. In a swift movement, I duck behind a rock, and the spears clatter on the hard material, rattling as they fall onto the ground.

She thrusts another spear into the rock, and I roll sway as the rock shatters with a booming sound into a hundred thousand fragments that shower the snow like gray rain.

"He was innocent."

Undyne launches herself at me, but I duck and lash out at her side. She brings her spear up in time and blocks me.

" BUT. YOU. KILLED. HIM."

She hesitates as she looks at me again. "I really didn't think you did it. That you were merely just someone who had to kill, to defend yourself..."

I stand, in a battle ready pose, waiting. I could have struck at her right now...but I was curious to hear what she had to say.

"But I was just kidding myself. All humans like you deserve to die."

She launches herself at me, back if and slashing furiously, so fast that I could barely breath. I blocked and ducked the fatal attacks, delivering my own deadly blows, yet we seemed evenly matched.

It was not for long before I grew more tired. My arms ached. My legs dying from numerous small cuts. End it. Before she kills you. Now.

I summoned up all my strength. All my anger, my fury. My determination. All my vengeance and agony and pain went into that one single blow. I struck, tearing through flesh, drawing blood, feeling sticky liquid splatter me on my face. I felt separating pain as something sharp grazed my neck. I felt my victim weaken and become limp.

Then, it was over.

The snow was stained red. But not with my blood.