Will

All chapter are based on POVs I hope nobody gets confused.

WILL

I feel the water hit my face like a slap, raw yet sharp. I glance up into the mirror to catch my face, my mascara is ruined and running down my cheeks and my eyes are red yet no tears form. The truth is that I cant cry anymore, two many wasted tears, I guess I'm just so used to  being thumped down by everyone I've gone numb. I wish Ava was here, she was the only one who stood up for me all my life, and she tried to be there even when she went for her training camps which took up her time, or when she went away to college. That's when I started to feel lonely and helpless and just plain useless. I know I'm rambling on without even introducing myself, well ladies and gentlemen, my name is Will Johnson, some of my working colleagues call me Johnson and those closest to me call me Willis. My full name is a mouthful and I myself do not even use it, In fact I have no emotional attachment to it. But if you really need to know I suggest you stay and read my story because my story itself will have the answers to everything, (including my name).I work as a photographer; but I went to college to study English and I got a degree in it too. I've always loved the idea of capturing moments and preserving them. I love preserving things, ok I sound like some crazy voodoo priestess now, but what I have kept with me all my life I've managed to preserve, little trinkets, pictures you name it I've kept them. I just got my big break last month after struggling to book a proper shoot I finally got hold of a socialite, which happened to need pictures for a portfolio because her daughter wanted to become a model. She liked my pictures so much that she recommended me to a few of her friends. And all of it is going to go to waste, now. What's the point of working here? I see no future now. I need to go back, I need to pack my bags and I need to leave fast, before I change my mind, again.I stumble out of the washroom and walked past the concerned waitress who first realized I had been crying into my drink. I glance at the bartender whom I have seen countless times while I was in this bar, why did I even think of showing up like a wreck in front of people? Oh yeah because I got it in my head that I didn't care about what people thought about me, yeah, that was what I thought 3 hours ago, "oh well just play along Will" was what my mind told me and I thought what the heck. I dashed across the road toward my  rundown New York apartment and surprisingly got to the other side in one piece without getting yelled at by drivers. Once I reach my apartment complex I noticed that the street cat that comes everyday was sitting out side the lift, the cat and I go way back to the first time I actually moved into the apartment. It was skinny and sick with a limp on its left paw. I took pity on it, fed it, took it to the vet and even offered it a home but it ultimately chose the streets even after what the streets did to it. I don't understand why it did what did at the time, why would it go back to the very thing that almost killed it? Now it was staring right at me with its intense green eyes as if it were waiting for me, I never even named it. I just call it Cat. Cat twitched his tail and padded towards me but I just brushed past him without a second glance. Once I reached my apartment I started the exhausting process of packing. I took down everything and just piled them into my huge bag. Cat stood at the door watching me and meowing, I just glared at him and carried on packing. I was just about to take down all my posters when I heard the door open, I froze. He's back.

Choice of song for this moment: Creep by Radiohead because it just works....