Will

Will

I lay in my bed that night. I wondered how long I was going to be here? It had been a month and I still could not believe that this was where I had ended up in my life. My life wasn't always like this; in fact there were moments that were kind of memorable. I remember my Mother Susan, the person she was before she got locked away. She was a lovely human being with a big heart, I guess that was why she chose medicine as a career and it suited her considering she had poured all her energy into her job. But before things got out of hand she always made time for us. She tried her best to be involved in our lives; she used to bring us everywhere, parks, the zoo, movies and shopping. Most of the time we were taken care of by this nice old women who lived down the road from our house, I think her name was Loni. We used to call her Ms. Loni, she was the kindest woman I'd ever known and she took care of us like we were her own kids. We saw Ms Loni on most days and my Mother on most nights. Back then, which was when I was in preschool and my sisters were in Middle School, life was a lot less stressful. We all got along really well and Eva was even willing to put up with me. But all that changed when my Father came back into our lives. My Mother and Father divorced while Susan was expecting me, in fact she wasn't aware that she was pregnant with her third child until the divorce was finalised. So, I was a "OOPs Baby". It came as a surprise to both my parents but they separated anyway, the reason being irreconcilable differences. My Father Steven was a brain surgeon who travelled a lot and had been seeing someone on the side without my Mother's knowledge. Susan took it really hard considering she was pregnant with another child of his, I guess, she never fully recovered and harbored a grudge against him for the longest time. I was too young to understand anything that was going on during that time but all I knew was that Eva was badly affected by the entire divorce because she had been the closest to Steven. Ava on the other hand remained on neutral ground and took it very maturely. But life went on as usual and my Father kept in touch with his children on and off but for the most part he stayed away. That was until he showed up again. That was the beginning of a downward spiral for Susan.

Song Of Choice: Ed Sheeran- Photograph