Eva

Eva

Talkingon the phone is never my thing. It's more logical to have face-to-faceconversations in my opinion. That way you know the exact expression of theperson your talking to and therefore allows you to determine whether they arelying or not. When I receive my sister's call I smile to myself at first. Shehas finally, come home to LA, that stupid girl. Will has always been thedreamer, the one who always let her imagination run wild with her. Heck, oncewhen she was 6 she was convinced that our basement was infested with littlepixie –like people, and she steer cleared of that part of the house for almosta year before our Mother put her foot down. Coming home was a sign for me,going to New York to make a career out of photography in my opinion was adownright risk, why? Well for starters there are many photographers who aretrying to make ends meet. Will was smart, but she wasn't street-smart. Shewasn't tough enough to handle the big world, I should know, I had to deal withher when Ava went away to college. Will always made the wrong choices.   

  Seriously, what was the point of living off a stupid dream, you can't keep dreaming, you have to be practical, you have make logical choices about how you want to live. It's like putting a shotgun to your head while you are running the race of life or something. I sound stone cold but it's the truth. The world today is too fast paced, too cold for people like my sister. Being a lawyer was something that I knew I had to be. It wasn't about dreaming to be one; it was more of like ambition, and something I worked toward. Ava was the passionate athlete who was practically married to sports, especially track. I still remember her being all excited about her scholarship, paraded it around screaming out loud at the top of the steps. I thought she knew what she was doing, until it all came crashing down. I felt sorry for her then, the accident ruined her leg and her chances of a promising career. But I have seen many people; tons come back from various accidents. The choice she made was shocking and also illogical because she plainly gave up. As you may know by now, quitting is not my thing. I never quit at anything and I guess that's what has got me this far.