Ava

Ava

It was almost a month since Will was admitted; I hadn't seen her in a month. I hadn't spoken to E in a month as well. What was there to say? E never bothered to phone me either. My family is ruined, I mean it had been ruined way before this happened but I thought that I could salvage whatever was left of us, I thought that I could save it. I guess I set my expectations to high. Because in the end that's what you get, disappointment. When I was a track and field star in High School, I thought I had it all figured out, I was going to nationals, I would get into a good College and go on to compete in the Olympics. But all that came crashing down when I partied a little too hard. Drinking and driving do not make a good combination; I lost my reputation and my will power, I decided after my leg surgery to settle for less. I just couldn't face anyone, plus I lost a lot of training sessions. Juniper my best friend went on to compete and take part in the Olympics. Every time I saw an interview of her I always think to myself: That should have been me. It still haunts me till this day, my goals that were never reached. My marriage was another thing altogether, I thought finding someone to spend the rest of my life with would be the best thing, as I was feeling lonely, Then I met Brian. Brian was amazing. He did everything right, everything except be honest to me. I couldn't understand what I had done wrong! I did everything right didn't I? I paid attention to him, I cooked his favorite food, I'd split the bill with him, and we had a good sex life. Casey. We had Casey. Wasn't that good enough? I thought I was enough? But you know what nobody is enough for anyone, you are only enough for yourself.

Song of choice- Somebody That I Used To know-Gotye